John Arundell or John Arundel may refer to:
- John Climping (died 1262), also known as John Arundel or John of Arundel, Bishop of Chichester, 1253–1262
- Sir John Arundell of Lanherne alias John FitzAlan, 1st Baron Arundel (died 1379), naval commander and Lord Marshal of England
- John Arundell of Bideford (c.1392–1423), MP for Devon, 1414 and Cornwall, 1419,1421 and 1422
- John Arundell (of Lanherne, died 1423), MP for Cornwall (UK Parliament constituency),1404,1406,1411,1414,1416,1417,1422 and 1423
- John Arundel (bishop of Chichester) or Arundell (died 1477), Bishop of Chichester, 1459–1477
- John Arundel (bishop of Exeter) (died 1504), also spelt Arundell, Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry, 1496–1502 and Exeter, 1502–1504
- Sir John Arundell (admiral) (1495–1561), Vice-admiral of the West
- Sir John Arundell of Tolverne, High Sheriff of Cornwall in 1510
- Sir John Arundell (of Trerice, died 1580), his son, Cornish MP
- Sir John Arundell (born 1576) (1576–c. 1656), his son, Cornish MP and Governor of Pendennis Castle during the English Civil Wars
- John Arundell (Royalist) (1613–1701), second son of the above, and MP for Bodmin
- Sir John Arundell (of Lanherne, died 1557), MP for Cornwall, 1554
- John Arundell (of Lanherne, died 1590), MP for Helston, Shaftesbury, Preston and Cornwall
- John Arundell, 2nd Baron Arundell of Trerice (1649–1698), MP for Truro
- John Arundell, 3rd Baron Arundell of Trerice
- John Arundell, 4th Baron Arundell of Trerice
- John Arundel (ice hockey) (1927–2002), hockey player
- John T. Arundel (1841–1919), vice-chairman of the Pacific Islands Company, Ltd.
- John Arundell, 16th Baron Arundell of Wardour (1907–1944), British soldier
Other articles related to "john arundell, john, arundell":
... Some of the more interesting items are some fine brasses, including Sir John Arundell (died 1545, perhaps not buried here Sir John Arundell, 1591, and his wife (died 1602, brass engraved 1635) John ...
11 Naturalization of John Murray, Richard Murray, John Levingston and John Auchmothy. 15 Confirmation of fines levied by John Arundell of Guarnack to John Arundell of Trerise, deceased, and settlement of the property comprised in the fines to John Arundell, son of John Arundell of Trerise. 21 Relief of John Holdich, disinherited by the extraordinary amending of the errors of a fine ...
... Sir John Arundell of Trerice (1495 – 1561), nicknamed "Tilbury Jack" (or Jack of Tilbury), was a commander of the English Royal Navy at the time of King ... Arundell served Henry VIII as an Esquire to the Body, and was knighted at the Battle of the Spurs in 1513 ... Sir John died in 1561 and was buried at Stratton church ...
18 July 1536 unknown unknown 28 ... April 24 ... July 1540 Sir John Chamond William Godolphin I 16 ... January 28 ... March 1544 Richard Edgcumbe unknown 23 ... November 31 ... January 1547 ... Jonathan Trelawny 27 ... October 19 ... December 1601 Sir Walter Raleigh John Arundell 19 ... March 9 ... February 1611 Sir Anthony Rous Sir Jonathan ...
Famous quotes containing the word john:
“What did you go out into the wilderness to look at? A reed shaken by the wind? What then did you go out to see? Someone dressed in soft robes? Look, those who wear soft robes are in royal palaces. What then did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 11:7-9.
Jesus speaking about John the Baptist.