- Jet (comics), a female character in DC comics New Guardians
- Jet (Wildstorm), a character from Wildstorm/DC Comics
- Jet Alone, a fictional robot from the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime series
- Jet Black, a character from the anime Cowboy Bebop
- Jet Fusion, a cartoon character from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- Jet Jaguar, a fictional robot from the 1973 film Godzilla vs. Megalon
- Jet Link, who is Cyborg 002, a character from Cyborg 009
- Jet the Hawk, a video game character from Sonic Riders
- The Jets, a gang in the 1957 Broadway musical West Side Story
- Jet, an alternate name for Ground Control, a 1998 American thriller and disaster film starring Kiefer Sutherland
- "Jet" (Avatar: The Last Airbender espisode), a 2005 episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender involving the character Jet
- Jet of Blood, a 1925 French surreal play by Antonin Artaud
- Jet, a widely used drug in the video game series Fallout
- Jet, one of the elements mentioned in the openings of the British fiction series Sapphire and Steel
Read more about this topic: Jet
Other articles related to "fiction":
... by some critics to be the best science fiction book ever written ... Science fiction author Arthur C ... It was called "One of the monuments of modern science fiction" by the Chicago Tribune, while the Washington Post described it as "A portrayal of an ...
1978) was a British author best known for his science fiction novels and short stories ... Campbell's Astounding Science Fiction and other pulp magazines ... Russell also wrote horror fiction for Weird Tales, and non-fiction articles on Fortean topics ...
... Thomas Mann in his novel Doctor Faustus (1943) has the fictional German composer Adrian Leverkühn attempt to write an opera on Love's Labour's Lost. ...
... DeLillo has twice been a Pulitzer Prize for Fiction finalist for Mao II and Underworld (1992 and 1998, respectively), won the PEN/Faulkner Award for Mao II in 1992 (receiving ... DeLillo has described his fiction as being influenced by " the fact that we're living in dangerous times ...
... selected Reno, Nevada, as the host city for the 69th World Science Fiction Convention, Renovation, to be held in 2011, and Raleigh, North Carolina, as the host city for the 10th North ... The Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association selected Winnipeg, Manitoba, as the location of Canvention 2010 and the 30th Prix Aurora Awards ...
Famous quotes containing the word fiction:
“I write fiction and Im told its autobiography, I write autobiography and Im told its fiction, so since Im so dim and theyre so smart, let them decide what it is or it isnt.”
—Philip Roth (b. 1933)
“To value the tradition of, and the discipline required for, the craft of fiction seems today pointless. The real Arcadia is a lonely, mountainous plateau, overbouldered and strewn with the skulls of sheep slain for vellum and old bitten pinions that tried to be quills. Its forty rough miles by mule from Athens, a city where theres a fair, a movie house, cotton candy.”
—Alexander Theroux (b. 1940)
“The obvious parallels between Star Wars and The Wizard of Oz have frequently been noted: in both there is the orphan hero who is raised on a farm by an aunt and uncle and yearns to escape to adventure. Obi-wan Kenobi resembles the Wizard; the loyal, plucky little robot R2D2 is Toto; C3PO is the Tin Man; and Chewbacca is the Cowardly Lion. Darth Vader replaces the Wicked Witch: this is a patriarchy rather than a matriarchy.”
—Andrew Gordon, U.S. educator, critic. The Inescapable Family in American Science Fiction and Fantasy Films, Journal of Popular Film and Television (Summer 1992)