Awards and Honours
- 1988: A first Jommeke statue in Beveren, Belgium
- 1992: Honorary citizen of Koksijde, Belgium
- 1995: Honorary citizen of Durbuy, Belgium
- 1997: A statue of Jommeke in Middelkerke, Belgium
- 1997: A stamp issued by the Belgian Post
- 1998: A medal issued by the Belgian National Bank
- 1998: A statue of Jommeke in Temse, Belgium
- 2005: Gouden Adhemar at Strip Turnhout, Belgium, for his entire career
- 2005: A mosaic of Jommeke in Wilrijk, Belgium
- 2006: A statue of Annemieke and Rozemieke (from the Jommeke comic) in Middelkerke
- 2006: A bas-relief of Jommeke in Temse
Read more about this topic: Jef Nys
Other articles related to "awards and honours, awards, award":
... John W ... Campbell Award for Best New Writer of 2000 or 2001 Kristine Smith ...
... Nominated for several awards, Nevin has thrice won the Sydney Critics' Circle Award for her theatre work ... In 1981 she won the TV Logie award in the 'Best Lead Actress in a Single Drama or Mini Series' Category for her role as Shasta in Water Under The Bridge on the Ten ...
... Award Year American Hockey League First All-Star Team 2009 Eddie Shore Award 2009 National Hockey League Stanley Cup 2011 ...
... He also was awarded seven honorary degrees Honorary Fellow of Clare College, Cambridge, 1958 Hon LL.D ... Nottingham, 1951 Hon D.Sc (Econ.) London, 1954 Hon LL.D ...
... its time, The A-Team was nominated for 3 Emmy Awards In 1983 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the pilot episode, in 1984 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the episode "When ...
Famous quotes containing the word honours:
“Come hither, all ye empty things,
Ye bubbles raisd by breath of Kings;
Who float upon the tide of state,
Come hither, and behold your fate.
Let pride be taught by this rebuke,
How very mean a things a Duke;
From all his ill-got honours flung,
Turnd to that dirt from whence he sprung.”
—Jonathan Swift (16671745)