James Allan may refer to:
- James Alexander Allan (1879–1967), Australian poet
- James Allan (Australian footballer) (born 1985), Australian rules footballer
- James Allan (diplomat) (born 1932), British diplomat
- James Allan (footballer) (1857–1911), Scottish schoolmaster and footballer, founder of Sunderland A.F.C.
- James Allan (footballer born 1860s), Scottish international footballer
- James Allan (musician) (born 1979), lead singer and guitarist and former footballer
- James Allan (politician) (1894–1992), Canada politician
- James Allan (rugby) (1860–1934), New Zealand rugby union player
- James Allan (bishop) (born 1928), retired Canadian Anglican bishop
- Jock Allan, Scottish footballer
Other articles related to "james allan, allan":
... AFC began life as "Sunderland District Teachers Association Football Club", founded in 1879 by James Allan, a teacher at Hendon Board School ... Blue House Field in Hendon, close to James Allan's school, and they would change their home four times in seven years before settling at Newcastle Road in 1886 ... Founder James Allan left Sunderland in 1888 because of his dislike for the "professionalism" that had been creeping into the club, and subsequently formed Sunderland Albion ...
... James Allan wrote and composed the song prior to the album recording sessions at Central Sound Studios in Glasgow, Scotland, where the band recorded ... Burleigh, who co-produced "Go Square Go!" with James Allan and engineered "Daddy's Gone", also engineered "It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry" ... James Allan handled production duties whilst recording the song, as well as on the B-side to the single—a cover version of The Ronettes' "Be My Baby" ...
... On Tuesday 13 March 1888 Allan held a meeting at The Empress Hotel in Union Street to form Sunderland Albion ... The Middlesbrough debacle alluded to above has always been identified as a main reason for Allan leaving the Committee i.e ... Allan and others had a general dissatisfaction about the direction in which the club was heading ...
Famous quotes containing the words allan and/or james:
“A lunatic may be soothed,... for a time, but in the end, he is very apt to become obstreperous. His cunning, too, is proverbial, and great.... When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a straight jacket.”
—Edgar Allan Poe (18091849)
“... if we take the universe of fitting, countless coats fit backs, and countless boots fit feet, on which they are not practically fitted; countless stones fit gaps in walls into which no one seeks to fit them actually. In the same way countless opinions fit realities, and countless truths are valid, tho no thinker ever thinks them.”
—William James (18421910)