Daily newspapers in Jakarta include
- Chinese language national newspaper: Indonesia Shang Bao
- English language national newspaper: The Jakarta Post, The Jakarta Globe
- Indonesian language national newspaper: Kompas, Koran Tempo, Media Indonesia, Seputar Indonesia, Republika, Suara Pembaruan, Suara Karya, Sinar Harapan, Indo Pos, Jurnal Nasional, Harian Pelita
- Business newspaper: Bisnis Indonesia, Investor Daily, Kontan, Harian Neraca.
- Indonesian language local (Jakarta) newspaper: Pos Kota, Warta Kota, Koran Jakarta, Berita Kota,
- Sport newspaper: Top Skor
Television stations include:
- Government television: TVRI.
- Private national television: MNC TV, RCTI, Metro TV, Indosiar, ANTV, SCTV, Trans TV, TV ONE, Trans 7, and Global TV.
- Local television: B Channel, JakTV, O Channel, Elshinta TV, Daai TV, and Spacetoon.
- Cable television: First Media, TelkomVision
- Satellite television: Indovision, TelkomVision, Okevision, Aora TV, Yes TV
Many TV stations are analog PAL, but some are now are converting to digital signals.
Other articles related to "media":
... The daily, local newspaper is The Gold Coast Bulletin which is published by News Corporation ... Newspapers from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Northern NSW towns such as Tweed Heads and Lismore are also available ...
4oD is available on Virgin Media's cable television service ... In 2007, Virgin Media announced plans to offer high definition programming through 4oD but as of 2012 no further information has been released ...
... In January, 2009, the National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC), a not for profit organization with a mission to improve the image of American Latinos as ... the extent and effects of hate speech in media, including the likely link between hate speech and hate crimes, and to explore non-regulatory ways in which to counteract ... metaphors In May 2010, NHMC filed comments in the FCC’s proceeding on the Future of Media and Information Needs of Communities in the Digital Age ...
... article Macau has reportedly the highest "media density" in the world - nine Chinese-language dailies, three Portuguese-language dailies, two English-language dailies and ... Ignite Media Group is the enclave's most dominant media company ...
... During Amin's time in power, popular media outside of Uganda often portrayed him as an essentially comic and eccentric figure ... The foreign media was often criticised by Ugandan exiles and defectors for focusing on Amin's excessive tastes and self-aggrandizing eccentricities, and downplaying ... Amin had deliberately cultivated his eccentric reputation in the foreign media as an easily parodied buffoon in order to defuse international concern over his ...
Famous quotes containing the word media:
“The media have just buried the last yuppie, a pathetic creature who had not heard the news that the great pendulum of public conciousness has just swung from Greed to Compassion and from Tex-Mex to meatballs.”
—Barbara Ehrenreich (b. 1941)
“Today the discredit of words is very great. Most of the time the media transmit lies. In the face of an intolerable world, words appear to change very little. State power has become congenitally deaf, which is whybut the editorialists forget itterrorists are reduced to bombs and hijacking.”
—John Berger (b. 1926)
“One can describe a landscape in many different words and sentences, but one would not normally cut up a picture of a landscape and rearrange it in different patterns in order to describe it in different ways. Because a photograph is not composed of discrete units strung out in a linear row of meaningful pieces, we do not understand it by looking at one element after another in a set sequence. The photograph is understood in one act of seeing; it is perceived in a gestalt.”
—Joshua Meyrowitz, U.S. educator, media critic. The Blurring of Public and Private Behaviors, No Sense of Place: The Impact of Electronic Media on Social Behavior, Oxford University Press (1985)