Daily newspapers in Jakarta include
- Chinese language national newspaper: Indonesia Shang Bao
- English language national newspaper: The Jakarta Post, The Jakarta Globe
- Indonesian language national newspaper: Kompas, Koran Tempo, Media Indonesia, Seputar Indonesia, Republika, Suara Pembaruan, Suara Karya, Sinar Harapan, Indo Pos, Jurnal Nasional, Harian Pelita
- Business newspaper: Bisnis Indonesia, Investor Daily, Kontan, Harian Neraca.
- Indonesian language local (Jakarta) newspaper: Pos Kota, Warta Kota, Koran Jakarta, Berita Kota,
- Sport newspaper: Top Skor
Television stations include:
- Government television: TVRI.
- Private national television: MNC TV, RCTI, Metro TV, Indosiar, ANTV, SCTV, Trans TV, TV ONE, Trans 7, and Global TV.
- Local television: B Channel, JakTV, O Channel, Elshinta TV, Daai TV, and Spacetoon.
- Cable television: First Media, TelkomVision
- Satellite television: Indovision, TelkomVision, Okevision, Aora TV, Yes TV
Many TV stations are analog PAL, but some are now are converting to digital signals.
Other articles related to "media":
... Link to actual article Macau has reportedly the highest "media density" in the world - nine Chinese-language dailies, three Portuguese-language dailies, two English-language dailies and about half a dozen Chinese-language weeklies and one Portuguese-language weekly ... About two dozen newspapers from Hong Kong, mainland China, Taiwan and the Philippines are shipped to Macau every early morning ...
... The daily, local newspaper is The Gold Coast Bulletin which is published by News Corporation ... Newspapers from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Northern NSW towns such as Tweed Heads and Lismore are also available ...
... During Amin's time in power, popular media outside of Uganda often portrayed him as an essentially comic and eccentric figure ... The foreign media was often criticised by Ugandan exiles and defectors for focusing on Amin's excessive tastes and self-aggrandizing eccentricities, and downplaying or excusing his ... that Amin had deliberately cultivated his eccentric reputation in the foreign media as an easily parodied buffoon in order to defuse international concern ...
... In January, 2009, the National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC), a not for profit organization with a mission to improve the image of American Latinos as portrayed by the media, unveiled a three prong ... the extent and effects of hate speech in media, including the likely link between hate speech and hate crimes, and to explore non-regulatory ways in which to. 2010, NHMC filed comments in the FCC’s proceeding on the Future of Media and Information Needs of Communities in the Digital Age ...
4oD is available on Virgin Media's cable television service ... In 2007, Virgin Media announced plans to offer high definition programming through 4oD but as of 2012 no further information has been released ...
Famous quotes containing the word media:
“The corporate grip on opinion in the United States is one of the wonders of the Western World. No First World country has ever managed to eliminate so entirely from its media all objectivitymuch less dissent.”
—Gore Vidal (b. 1925)
“Never before has a generation of parents faced such awesome competition with the mass media for their childrens attention. While parents tout the virtues of premarital virginity, drug-free living, nonviolent resolution of social conflict, or character over physical appearance, their values are daily challenged by television soaps, rock music lyrics, tabloid headlines, and movie scenes extolling the importance of physical appearance and conformity.”
—Marianne E. Neifert (20th century)
“The media network has its idols, but its principal idol is its own style which generates an aura of winning and leaves the rest in darkness. It recognises neither pity nor pitilessness.”
—John Berger (b. 1926)