Introduction, The Introduction, Intro, or The Intro may refer to:
- Introduction (music), an opening section of a piece of music
- Introduction (essay), a beginning section which states the purpose and goals of the following writing
- Foreword, a beginning section of a book, before the introduction, usually written by someone other than the author
- Introduction (British House of Commons), a ceremonial seating for members elected in by-elections
- Introduction (House of Lords), a ceremonial seating for some new members
- "Introduction" (Songs of Experience), a poem by William Blake
- Intro (demoscene), in the demoscene, a short computer program produced for promotion or to meet competition requirements
- Intro sequence, a non-interactive introductory sequence for a computer or video game
- The Introduction, a prequel film of the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Introduced species or introduction, a species established by humans outside its natural range
Other articles related to "introduction, introductions":
... Introduction", by Chicago from The Chicago Transit Authority "Introduction", by Hood from Outside Closer "Introduction", by Kajagoogoo from White Feathers "Introduction", by Mike Oldfield from Tubular Bells ...
... The Borribles An Introduction, 2001 ... Things That Never Happen An Introduction, 2002 ... Wizardry and Wild An Introduction, 2004 ...
... An Introduction to Metaphysics (Introduction à la Métaphysique) is a 1903 essay by Henri Bergson that explores the concept of reality ...
... Introduction to Presuppositional Apologetics Part 2 ... Van Til The Theologian, 1976 ISBN 0-916034-02-X Medical Ethics, 1988 ISBN 0-87552-261-0 Perspectives on the Word of God An Introduction to Christian Ethics ...
... whose aim is to combat the ongoing and massive loss of biodiversity by using re-introductions as a responsible tool for the management and restoration of biodiversity ... for this role was felt due to the increased demand from re-introduction practitioners, the global conservation community and increase in re-introduction projects worldwide ...
Famous quotes containing the word introduction:
“For the introduction of a new kind of music must be shunned as imperiling the whole state; since styles of music are never disturbed without affecting the most important political institutions.”
—Plato (c. 427347 B.C.)
“The role of the stepmother is the most difficult of all, because you cant ever just be. Youre constantly being testedby the children, the neighbors, your husband, the relatives, old friends who knew the childrens parents in their first marriage, and by yourself.”
—Anonymous Stepparent. Making It as a Stepparent, by Claire Berman, introduction (1980, repr. 1986)
“My objection to Liberalism is thisthat it is the introduction into the practical business of life of the highest kindnamely, politicsof philosophical ideas instead of political principles.”
—Benjamin Disraeli (18041881)