Introduction, The Introduction, Intro, or The Intro may refer to:
- Introduction (music), an opening section of a piece of music
- Introduction (essay), a beginning section which states the purpose and goals of the following writing
- Foreword, a beginning section of a book, before the introduction, usually written by someone other than the author
- Introduction (British House of Commons), a ceremonial seating for members elected in by-elections
- Introduction (House of Lords), a ceremonial seating for some new members
- "Introduction" (Songs of Experience), a poem by William Blake
- Intro (demoscene), in the demoscene, a short computer program produced for promotion or to meet competition requirements
- Intro sequence, a non-interactive introductory sequence for a computer or video game
- The Introduction, a prequel film of the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Introduced species or introduction, a species established by humans outside its natural range
Other articles related to "introduction, introductions":
... An Introduction to Metaphysics (Introduction à la Métaphysique) is a 1903 essay by Henri Bergson that explores the concept of reality ...
... Introduction", by Chicago from The Chicago Transit Authority "Introduction", by Hood from Outside Closer "Introduction", by Kajagoogoo from White Feathers "Introduction", by Mike Oldfield from Tubular Bells ...
... combat the ongoing and massive loss of biodiversity by using re-introductions as a responsible tool for the management and restoration of biodiversity ... The need for this role was felt due to the increased demand from re-introduction practitioners, the global conservation community and increase in re-introduction ...
... Introduction to Presuppositional Apologetics Part 2 ... Van Til The Theologian, 1976 ISBN 0-916034-02-X Medical Ethics, 1988 ISBN 0-87552-261-0 Perspectives on the Word of God An Introduction to ...
... The Borribles An Introduction, 2001 ... Things That Never Happen An Introduction, 2002 ... Wizardry and Wild An Introduction, 2004 ...
Famous quotes containing the word introduction:
“My objection to Liberalism is thisthat it is the introduction into the practical business of life of the highest kindnamely, politicsof philosophical ideas instead of political principles.”
—Benjamin Disraeli (18041881)
“We used chamber-pots a good deal.... My mother ... loved to repeat: When did the queen reign over China? This whimsical and harmless scatological pun was my first introduction to the wonderful world of verbal transformations, and also a first perception that a joke need not be funny to give pleasure.”
—Angela Carter (19401992)
“Do you suppose I could buy back my introduction to you?”
—S.J. Perelman, U.S. screenwriter, Arthur Sheekman, Will Johnstone, and Norman Z. McLeod. Groucho Marx, Monkey Business, a wisecrack made to his fellow stowaway Chico Marx (1931)