Introduction, The Introduction, Intro, or The Intro may refer to:
- Introduction (music), an opening section of a piece of music
- Introduction (essay), a beginning section which states the purpose and goals of the following writing
- Foreword, a beginning section of a book, before the introduction, usually written by someone other than the author
- Introduction (British House of Commons), a ceremonial seating for members elected in by-elections
- Introduction (House of Lords), a ceremonial seating for some new members
- "Introduction" (Songs of Experience), a poem by William Blake
- Intro (demoscene), in the demoscene, a short computer program produced for promotion or to meet competition requirements
- Intro sequence, a non-interactive introductory sequence for a computer or video game
- The Introduction, a prequel film of the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Introduced species or introduction, a species established by humans outside its natural range
Other articles related to "introduction, introductions":
... Introduction", by Chicago from The Chicago Transit Authority "Introduction", by Hood from Outside Closer "Introduction", by Kajagoogoo from White Feathers ...
... Introduction to Presuppositional Apologetics Part 2 ... Van Til The Theologian, 1976 ISBN 0-916034-02-X Medical Ethics, 1988 ISBN 0-87552-261-0 Perspectives ...
... The Borribles An Introduction, 2001 ... Things That Never Happen An Introduction, 2002 ... Wizardry and Wild An Introduction, 2004 ...
... of specialists whose aim is to combat the ongoing and massive loss of biodiversity by using re-introductions as a responsible tool for the management and restoration of biodiversity ... The need for this role was felt due to the increased demand from re-introduction practitioners, the global conservation community and increase in re-introduction ...
... An Introduction to Metaphysics (Introduction à la Métaphysique) is a 1903 essay by Henri Bergson that explores the concept of reality ...
Famous quotes containing the word introduction:
“We used chamber-pots a good deal.... My mother ... loved to repeat: When did the queen reign over China? This whimsical and harmless scatological pun was my first introduction to the wonderful world of verbal transformations, and also a first perception that a joke need not be funny to give pleasure.”
—Angela Carter (19401992)
“Such is oftenest the young mans introduction to the forest, and the most original part of himself. He goes thither at first as a hunter and fisher, until at last, if he has the seeds of a better life in him, he distinguishes his proper objects, as a poet or naturalist it may be, and leaves the gun and fish-pole behind. The mass of men are still and always young in this respect.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“For better or worse, stepparenting is self-conscious parenting. Youre damned if you do, and damned if you dont.”
—Anonymous Parent. Making It as a Stepparent, by Claire Berman, introduction (1980, repr. 1986)