Independent or The Independents may refer to:
- Independent bookstore, bookstore that is not part of a chain
- Independent business, privately-owned companies
- Independent city, city that does not form part of another local government entity
- Independent clothes store, boutique not associated with the larger retailers
- Independent contractor, organisation or individual which provides goods or services under terms specified in a contract
- Independent living, philosophy of working for self-determination, self-respect and equal opportunities
- Independent (politician), not affiliated with any political party
- Independent publisher, small press not associated with a major publisher
- Independent (religion), group active during the English Civil War
- Independent school, school which is not dependent upon national or local government for financing its operation
- Independent sources, in journalism, two or more sources which attest to a given piece of information
- Independent Truck Company, American skateboarding brand
- Dependent and independent verb forms in Goidelic languages
- Independent (voter), not a member of any political party
- Vickers A1E1 Independent, British multi-turreted tank designed during the Interwar period
- Dependent and independent variables
Other articles related to "independent":
... or NAIA athletic conference, including NCAA Division I FBS independent schools, for football NCAA Division I FCS independent schools, for football NCAA Division I independent schools (basketball) NCAA Division I ...
... The 2005 Independent Spirit Awards, honoring the best in independent filmmaking for 2005, were announced on March 4, 2006 ...
... Leak Prevention Besides, ILP can also refer to Institute for Learning Practitioners Independent Labour Party in the United Kingdom ... Intelligence-led policing Independent Living Program a program for foster and probation youth who were in out-of-home placement at the age of 16, the program ... Independent Living Program a Veteran Affairs program aimed at making sure that each eligible veteran is able to live independently ...
... effort to attract more filmmakers to Utah and showcase what the potential of independent film could be ... it also included a small program of new independent films ... United Artists, bought out by MGM, ceased to exist as a venue for independent filmmakers, Sterling Van Wagenen left the film festival to help found the Sundance Institute ...
... The independent film scene's development in the 1990s and 2000s has been stimulated by a range of factors, including the development of affordable ... the cost of professional film equipment and stock was a major obstacle to independent filmmakers who wanted to make their own films. 3-D technology is available to low-budget, independent filmmakers now ...
Famous quotes containing the word independent:
“Women, because of their colonial relationship to men, have to fight for their own independence. This fight for our own independence will lead to the growth and development of the revolutionary movement in this country. Only the independent woman can be truly effective in the larger revolutionary struggle.”
—Womens Liberation Workshop, Students for a Democratic Society, Radical political/social activist organization. Liberation of Women, in New Left Notes (July 10, 1967)
“All the rights secured to the citizens under the Constitution are worth nothing, and a mere bubble, except guaranteed to them by an independent and virtuous Judiciary.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)
“Miltons the prince of poetsso we say;
A little heavy, but no less divine:
An independent being in his day”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)