The FTC filed a complaint on March 25, 1975, alleging five counts of violating Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act:
- Count I of the complaint alleged that Amway engaged in resale price maintenance.
- Count II alleged that Amway allocated customers among distributors and restricted the distributors' source of supply as well as the retail outlets through which they may resell;
- Count III alleged that Amway restricted the distributors' advertising.
- Count IV alleged that Amway misrepresented that substantial income may be obtained from geometrical increases in the number of distributors in the chain recruiting operation of the Amway distribution plan.
- Count V alleged that Amway misrepresented the profitability of a distributorship and the potential for recruiting new distributors and failed to disclose the substantial business expense involved and the high turnover of distributors.
Oral arguments were heard on June 6, 1978.
Read more about this topic: In Re Amway Corp.
Other articles related to "complaint, complaints":
... A super-complaint is a complaint made in the UK by a state-approved 'super-complainant'/watchdog organisation on behalf of consumers, which is fast-tracked by the Office of Fair Trading ... For a super-complaint to be valid, it has to be about a "market feature, or combination of features, such as the structure of a market or the conduct of those operating ...
... In 2011, One Wisconsin Now filed an ethics complaint against Olsen with the Government Accountability Board ... The complaint alleged that Olsen inserted language into a bill in order to financially help his wife ... Olsen's wife, Joan Wade, responded to the complaint by calling it 'ridiculous.' ...
... is no fee for individuals or small businesses when making a complaint to the Credit Ombudsman Service ... the COSL will advise prior to dealing with the complaint ... not satisfied, or the dispute remains unresolved, a consumer can make a complaint to the Credit Ombudsman Service ...
... The complaint alleges that Lend America falsely certified to HUD that borrowers who received over $14 million in loans met HUD’s lending requirements when, in fact ... In addition, the complaint documents some 40 borrower examples where Lend America made up incomes or otherwise submitted fraudulent loans to the FHA ... In connection with the complaint, The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's Mortgagee Review Board informed the company, that it has ...
... the UK and many countries of the European Community), the making of consumer complaints, particularly regarding the sale of financial services, is governed by statute ... authority may require companies to reply to complaints within set time limits, publish written procedures for handling customer dissatisfaction and provide information ...
Famous quotes containing the word complaint:
“In this part of the world it is considered a ground for complaint if a mans writings admit of more than one interpretation.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“The complaint ... about modern steel furniture, modern glass houses, modern red bars and modern streamlined trains and cars is that all these objets modernes, while adequate and amusing in themselves, tend to make the people who use them look dated. It is an honest criticism. The human race has done nothing much about changing its own appearance to conform to the form and texture of its appurtenances.”
—E.B. (Elwyn Brooks)
“It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)