A series of safety valves act to ensure safe operation of the system.
- Counterbalance valves, also called load holding valves or over-center valves, serve as hydraulic resistance to the actuating cylinder when the load weight is required to be held in position for a period of time. These come in two distinct configurations, both highly effective in improving load handling safety during a loss of hydraulic pressure: essentially locking the lift/dump cylinder in-place, preventing potential free fall of the load in the event of hydraulic failure.
- * Remote mounted system, in which the counterbalance valve is mounted outside the cylinder. This is the more cost effective solution, but can be prone to damage.
- * Integral system, in which the counterbalance valve is built directly into the main cylinder, eliminating the potential for damage by falling debris.
- Jib safety valves are not a feature of all systems, but are designed to render the jib cylinder inoperable during the dump cycle. This protects the system from damage should the operator accidentally pull the wrong control lever during the dump cycle.
- The hook latch covers the opening in the hook head, effectively securing the lift bar inside the hook head during transport and dump. It is designed to augment the rear lock system during transit
- Some systems utilize proximity switches to indicate to the operator which part of the lift/dump cycle is current, or whether there is a fault in the system. These can me mounted in a variety of locations throughout the hoist. When activated, a red warning light and/or alarm sounds in the cab.
- Below grade reach is the distance that the hook head travels below the lifting bar on the container. This distance varies between hoist systems, ranging from 1 to 24 in or 25 to 610 mm. A below grade reach of 5 in (127 mm), or greater, improves stability when working on uneven ground.
Other articles related to "safety features, features, safety, feature":
... Most firearms, including the CZ 2075 RAMI, offer safety features which help to minimize the chance of a negligent discharge ... The CZ 2075 features an inertia pin safety that prevents the firing pin from protruding through the pin hole and making contact with the back of a chambered cartridge in the event the pistol is dropped ... The CZ 2075 BD model replaces the manual safety with a decocker, allowing the user to safely lower the hammer and prevent accidental firing ...
... In order to enhance safety, the finished product will feature a ballistic parachute and a fly-by-wire system whereby the pilot sends instructions to a computer which then interprets them ...
... One cars had increased dramatically since 1950 but the standard of safety at race meetings had not followed suit ... The drivers crusade for improved safety was led in the 1970s by Jackie Stewart ... needed to bring it up towards the modern standards of safety the sport enjoys today ...
Famous quotes containing the words features and/or safety:
“Art is the child of Nature; yes,
Her darling child, in whom we trace
The features of the mothers face,
Her aspect and her attitude.”
—Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (18071882)
“The safety of the republic being the supreme law, and Texas having offered us the key to the safety of our country from all foreign intrigues and diplomacy, I say accept the key ... and bolt the door at once.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)