These are the 11 faculties into which the university is divided:
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Agriculture and Horticulture
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences I (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences II (Geography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Psychology)
- Charité - Berlin University Medicine
- Faculty of Philosophy I (Philosophy, History, European Ethnology, Department of Library and Information Science)
- Faculty of Philosophy II (Literature, Linguistics, Scandinavian Studies, Romance literatures, English and American Studies, Slavic Studies, Classical Philology)
- Faculty of Philosophy III (Social Sciences, Cultural Studies/Arts, Asian/African Studies (includes Archeology), Gender Studies)
- Faculty of Philosophy IV (Sport science, Rehabilitation Studies, Education, Quality Management in Education)
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
Furthermore, there are two independent institutes (Zentralinstitute) that are part of the university:
- Centre for British Studies (in German: Großbritannienzentrum)
- Humboldt-Innovation (research transfer and spin-off service)
- Museum für Naturkunde (Museum of Natural History)
Read more about this topic: Humboldt University Of Berlin
Other articles related to "organization, organizations":
... These organizations do not nominate candidates for election but otherwise function similarly to political parties ... for Democracy and Socialism 1991 Committees of Correspondence Communist Voice Organization 1995 Democratic Socialists of America 1982 Socialist International Freedom Road Socialist ... International Communist Seminar, International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations (International Newsletter), International Coordination of Revolutionary Parties ...
... The 3rd Sustainment Brigade has a permanent organization of two attached battalions, however this number can be changed when the unit is deployed in a theater of operations ...
... Porteus, director of the London branch of Human Rights Watch, replied that the organization rejected Bernstein's "obvious double standard ... Human Rights Watch was caused by the Organization's declarations in favour of CIA illegal actions of Extraordinary rendition towards suspected terrorists ... Court, for his dual roles in both the terrorist organization PFLP, and the human rights organization, Al Haq ...
... the Rio Group, of the Latin Union, of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States and of the Organization of Ibero-American States Paraguay See ... Latin Union, of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States, of the Organization of Ibero-American States and of the Union of South American Nations Peru ... of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States, of the Organization of Ibero-American States and of the Union of South American Nations ...
... he created the Grandmasters Association (GMA), an organization to represent professional chess players and give them more say in FIDE's activities ... his challenger decided to play outside FIDE's jurisdiction, under another organization created by Kasparov called the Professional Chess Association (PCA) ... Kasparov tried to organize another World Championship match, under another organization, the World Chess Association (WCA) with Linares organizer ...
Famous quotes containing the word organization:
“Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defences of peace must be constructed.”
—Constitution of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
“When a mans partners killed, hes supposed to do something about it. It doesnt make any difference what you thought of him, he was your partner and youre supposed to do something about it. As it happens, were in the detective business; well, when one of your organization gets killed, its, its bad business to let the killer get away with it. Bad all around. Bad for every detective everywhere.”
—John Huston (19061987)
“Your organization is not a praying institution. Its a fighting institution. Its an educational institution right along industrial lines. Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living!”
—Mother Jones (18301930)