These are the 11 faculties into which the university is divided:
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Agriculture and Horticulture
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences I (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences II (Geography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Psychology)
- Charité - Berlin University Medicine
- Faculty of Philosophy I (Philosophy, History, European Ethnology, Department of Library and Information Science)
- Faculty of Philosophy II (Literature, Linguistics, Scandinavian Studies, Romance literatures, English and American Studies, Slavic Studies, Classical Philology)
- Faculty of Philosophy III (Social Sciences, Cultural Studies/Arts, Asian/African Studies (includes Archeology), Gender Studies)
- Faculty of Philosophy IV (Sport science, Rehabilitation Studies, Education, Quality Management in Education)
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
Furthermore, there are two independent institutes (Zentralinstitute) that are part of the university:
- Centre for British Studies (in German: Großbritannienzentrum)
- Humboldt-Innovation (research transfer and spin-off service)
- Museum für Naturkunde (Museum of Natural History)
Read more about this topic: Humboldt University Of Berlin
Other articles related to "organization, organizations":
... These organizations do not nominate candidates for election but otherwise function similarly to political parties. 1991 Committees of Correspondence Communist Voice Organization 1995 Democratic Socialists of America 1982 Socialist International Freedom Road Socialist ... International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations (International Newsletter), International Coordination of Revolutionary Parties and Organizations Social Democrats, USA 1972 Socialist ...
... Beginning in 1986, he created the Grandmasters Association (GMA), an organization to represent professional chess players and give them more say in FIDE ... decided to play outside FIDE's jurisdiction, under another organization created by Kasparov called the Professional Chess Association (PCA) ... World Championship match, under another organization, the World Chess Association (WCA) with Linares organizer Luis Rentero ...
... The 3rd Sustainment Brigade has a permanent organization of two attached battalions, however this number can be changed when the unit is deployed in a theater of ...
... branch of Human Rights Watch, replied that the organization rejected Bernstein's "obvious double standard ... to all countries." Strong criticism against Human Rights Watch was caused by the Organization's declarations in favour of CIA illegal actions of Extraordinary ... Court, for his dual roles in both the terrorist organization PFLP, and the human rights organization, Al Haq ...
... of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States and of the Organization of Ibero-American States Paraguay See Paraguay–Uruguay ... Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States, of the Organization of Ibero-American States and of the Union of South American Nations Peru See ... the Latin Union, of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States, of the Organization of Ibero-American States and of the Union of South American Nations ...
Famous quotes containing the word organization:
“The organization controlling the material equipment of our everyday life is such that what in itself would enable us to construct it richly plunges us instead into a poverty of abundance, making alienation all the more intolerable as each convenience promises liberation and turns out to be only one more burden. We are condemned to slavery to the means of liberation.”
—Raoul Vaneigem (b. 1934)
“It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize.”
—Theodore Roosevelt (18581919)
“One of the many reasons for the bewildering and tragic character of human existence is the fact that social organization is at once necessary and fatal. Men are forever creating such organizations for their own convenience and forever finding themselves the victims of their home-made monsters.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)