Hoop may refer to:
- A hoop is the metal ring on a barrel
- Hoop (rhythmic gymnastics) is one apparatus in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- Hoop (magazine), an American basketball magazine
- "Hoops" (song), a 1996 song by Ruby
- Hoops (video game), a 1989 basketball video game
- Hooping, a modern subculture revolving around hoopdance
- Basketball, also referred to as Hoops
- Celtic F.C., nicknamed the Hoops
- Shamrock Rovers F.C., nicknamed the Hoops
- Queens Park Rangers, nicknamed the Hoops
- Shamrock Rovers Hoops, an Irish basketball club
- HOOPS 3D Graphics System, a 3D Graphics API, part of The HOOPS 3D Application Framework
- Sphincter, a colloquial term for the anatomical structure, a circular muscle
Other articles related to "hoops, hoop":
... The HOOPS 3D Graphics System was originally developed in the mid-1980s in the CAD Lab at Cornell University ... Subsequently, HOOPS was widely adopted for Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAM ) and Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) software ... In 1996, HOOPS was spun out of Autodesk by Tech Soft 3D, Inc ...
... Copper, rather than iron, hoops were used for powder barrels because of the danger of a spark from the iron hoops ... When the hoops have been driven home, the cask was said to have been gathered and the hoops were secured by a number of tenter hooks ...
... asab JT *.jt, *.j_t Parasolid *.x_t IGES *.igs STEP *.stp HOOPS Meta File *.hmf HOOPS Streaming File *.hsf PLY *.ply Stereo Lithography *.stl OBJ *.obj Supported write formats Format Extension ...
... From the 1840s, boiler barrels were constructed from hoops of rolled iron, or later steel, sheet ... As boilers were longer than the width of the available iron sheet, two or three hoops were required ... For strength, the dome was always placed in the centre of a hoop, rather than spanning a joint ...
506) "Heidi" (Scream Team Remix) (748) total length (1657) Hoops (Single) (released January 1, 1996) WORK/Creation labels track listing, version one "Hoops" (351) "Salt Water Fish" (Peshay ...
Famous quotes containing the word hoops:
“Since to the awe of thy imperious wit
Our troublesome language bends, made only fit
With her tough thick-ribbed hoops to gird about
Thy giant fancy, which had proved too stout
For their soft melting phrases.”
—Thomas Carew (15891639)
“I have seen her smooth as a cheek.
I have seen her easy,
doing her business,
I have seen her rolling her hoops of blue.
I have seen her tear the land off.”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)
“All that hoops are good for is to clean dirty shoes and keep fellows at a distance.”
—Samuel Richardson (16891761)