Awards and Titles
- Belden Prize in Mathematics, City College of New York, 1936
- Scientific Research Society of America, Pure Science Award, Naval Research Laboratory, 1959
- President, Philosophical Society of Washington, 1969–1970
- President of the Association of Independent Research Institutes, 1979–1980
- Patterson Award in 1984 given by the American Crystallographic Association
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 1985 (jointly with Jerome Karle)
- Honorary degrees from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1985
- Honorary degree from CCNY in 1986
- Citizen of the Year Award, Buffalo Evening News, 1986
- Norton Medal, SUNY, 1986
- Schoellkopf Award, American Chemical Society (Western New York Chapter) 1986
- Gold Plate Award, American Academy of Achievement, 1986
- Cooke Award, SUNY, 1987
- Establishment of the Eccles-Hauptman Student Award, SUNY in 1987
- Election to the National Academy of Sciences in 1988
- Humanist Laureate Award from the International Humanist and Ethical Union in 1988
- Honorary degree from the University of Parma, Italy in 1989
- Honorary degree from the D'Youville College, Buffalo, New York in 1989
- Honorary degree from Bar-Ilan University, Israel in 1990
- Honorary degree from Columbia University in 1990
- Honorary degree from Technical University of Lodz, Poland in 1992
- Honorary degree from Queen's University, Kingston, Canada in 1993
- Honorary degree from SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York in 2009
Read more about this topic: Herbert A. Hauptman
Other articles related to "awards and titles, awards, award":
... Awards are usually given for placements and for qualifying scores ... Such awards are often flat ribbons, rosettes, commemorative plaques, trophies, medals, or pins ... Some clubs award high-in-trial awards, calculated in various ways, or other special awards for the trial ...
... highest alumni honor, the "Woodrow Wilson Award" for outstanding public service ... Stewart was presented the "Silver Buffalo Award", the national-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America in 1958 ... In 1967, "The Pennsylvania Award for Excellence in the Performing Arts" was awarded to Stewart ...
... John W ... Campbell Award for Best New Writer of 2000 or 2001 Kristine Smith ...
2002 – Teen Choice Awards – TV – Choice Breakout Star, Female (The Osbournes) – Won 2003 – Teen Choice Awards – Favorite TV Personality – Nominated 2003 – Teen Choice Awards – Choice TV Reality/Variety ...
... During its time, The A-Team was nominated for 3 Emmy Awards In 1983 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the pilot episode, in 1984 (Outstanding Film ...
Famous quotes containing the word titles:
“We have to be despised by somebody whom we regard as above us, or we are not happy; we have to have somebody to worship and envy, or we cannot be content. In America we manifest this in all the ancient and customary ways. In public we scoff at titles and hereditary privilege, but privately we hanker after them, and when we get a chance we buy them for cash and a daughter.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)