How HelpAge International Works
HelpAge works for and with older people, lobbying governments to achieve policy change, and through practical projects on the ground. It works on issues that affect older people worldwide, such as climate change, rights, health, social protection, HIV and AIDS and work. HelpAge International also works in emergency responses, such as the floods Pakistan and the Haiti earthquake in 2010 and the ongoing conflict in DR Congo.
HelpAge International has offices in London and Brussels plus nine regional centres coordinating their work in Africa, the Caribbean, East Asia, Eastern Europe/Central Asia, European Union, Latin America, London, Middle East and South Asia.
- Puts older men and women at the heart of their work, involving them in programme design, implementation and review.
- Works in partnership with like-minded organisations.
- Provides services where governments are not.
- Responds to emergencies quickly and effectively.
- Develops ways of improving older people's lives by monitoring their programmes.
- Persuades policy makers to address ageing issues.
Read more about this topic: Help Age International
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“To receive applause for works which do not demand all our powers hinders our advance towards a perfecting of our spirit. It usually means that thereafter we stand still.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)