- Halifax Regiment (Duke of Wellington's)
- Handley Page Halifax, a British bomber plane during World War II
- Halifax-class frigate, of the Canadian Navy
- HMCS Halifax, the name of two Canadian naval vessels
- HMCS Halifax (FFH 330), the lead ship of the Halifax class
- HMCS Halifax (K237), a World War II Flower class corvette for convoy escort duties
- HMS Halifax, the name of several Royal Navy ships
- HMS Halifax (1756), a 22-gun sloop launched in 1756 and captured by the French in the same year at Oswego
- HMS Halifax (1768), a 10-gun schooner originally built for merchant service at Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1765. Purchased in 1768 by the British Royal Navy and wrecked in 1775
- HMS Halifax (1775), a schooner purchased in 1775 and sold 1780
- HMS Halifax (1780), an 18-gun sloop, originally USS Ranger, *renamed after the ship was captured from the United States Navy on 11 May 1780, and sold in 1781
- HMS Halifax (1782), a 10-gun schooner purchased in 1782 and sold in 1784
- HMS Halifax (1806), an 18-gun sloop launched in 1806 at Halifax, Nova Scotia and broken up in 1814
Read more about this topic: Halifax
Other articles related to "military":
... monitors have been adopted by the United States military, instead of CRT displays, because they are smaller, lighter and more efficient, although monochrome plasma displays ... military LCD monitor must be compliant with MIL-STD-3009 (formerly MIL-L-85762A) ... certification so that they pass the standards for the military ...
... three group armies that comprise the Nanjing Military Region responsible for the defense of China's eastern coast and possible military engagement with Taiwan ...
... In addition, there are 300,000 former service personnel who have had military service in the last 15 years ... Azerbaijan has signed numerous contracts to strengthen its armed forces and to train its military with Turkey's assistance ... the last 15 years, Azerbaijan has been preparing its military for possible action against Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh ...
... The OSCE takes a comprehensive approach to the politico-military dimension of security, which includes a number of commitments by participating States and mechanisms for conflict prevention and ... The organization also seeks to enhance military security by promoting greater openness, transparency and co-operation ...
... In December 2009 an agreement on military assistance was signed by Turkey and Azerbaijan ... The agreement envisions Ankara’s supplying Azerbaijan with weapons, military equipment and, if necessary, soldiers in case war with Armenia over Karabakh resumes ... Azerbaijan with infantry weapons, tactical vehicles (jeeps, trucks, etc.) professional training, military organization, technology transfer, licenced military hardware production and other services ...
Famous quotes containing the word military:
“The military mind is indeed a menace. Old-fashioned futurity that sees only men fighting and dying in smoke and fire; hears nothing more civilized than a cannonade; scents nothing but the stink of battle-wounds and blood.”
—Sean OCasey (18841964)
“In all sincerity, we offer to the loved ones of all innocent victims over the past 25 years, abject and true remorse. No words of ours will compensate for the intolerable suffering they have undergone during the conflict.”
—Combined Loyalist Military Command. New York Times, p. A12 (October 14, l994)
“Im not a military man, Captain. War holds no romance for me. The side effects are repulsive.”
—Richard Bluel, and Henry Hathaway. Major Hugh Tarkington (Clinton Greyn)