- Halifax Regiment (Duke of Wellington's)
- Handley Page Halifax, a British bomber plane during World War II
- Halifax-class frigate, of the Canadian Navy
- HMCS Halifax, the name of two Canadian naval vessels
- HMCS Halifax (FFH 330), the lead ship of the Halifax class
- HMCS Halifax (K237), a World War II Flower class corvette for convoy escort duties
- HMS Halifax, the name of several Royal Navy ships
- HMS Halifax (1756), a 22-gun sloop launched in 1756 and captured by the French in the same year at Oswego
- HMS Halifax (1768), a 10-gun schooner originally built for merchant service at Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1765. Purchased in 1768 by the British Royal Navy and wrecked in 1775
- HMS Halifax (1775), a schooner purchased in 1775 and sold 1780
- HMS Halifax (1780), an 18-gun sloop, originally USS Ranger, *renamed after the ship was captured from the United States Navy on 11 May 1780, and sold in 1781
- HMS Halifax (1782), a 10-gun schooner purchased in 1782 and sold in 1784
- HMS Halifax (1806), an 18-gun sloop launched in 1806 at Halifax, Nova Scotia and broken up in 1814
Read more about this topic: Halifax
Other articles related to "military":
... there are 300,000 former service personnel who have had military service in the last 15 years ... Azerbaijan has signed numerous contracts to strengthen its armed forces and to train its military with Turkey's assistance ... Over the last 15 years, Azerbaijan has been preparing its military for possible action against Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh ...
... discuss the issue on the talk page LCD monitors have been adopted by the United States military, instead of CRT displays, because they are smaller, lighter and more efficient ... military LCD monitor must be compliant with MIL-STD-3009 (formerly MIL-L-85762A) ... extensive certification so that they pass the standards for the military ...
... In December 2009 an agreement on military assistance was signed by Turkey and Azerbaijan ... envisions Ankara’s supplying Azerbaijan with weapons, military equipment and, if necessary, soldiers in case war with Armenia over Karabakh resumes ... tactical vehicles (jeeps, trucks, etc.) professional training, military organization, technology transfer, licenced military hardware production and ...
... The OSCE takes a comprehensive approach to the politico-military dimension of security, which includes a number of commitments by participating States and mechanisms for conflict prevention ... The organization also seeks to enhance military security by promoting greater openness, transparency and co-operation ...
... the People's Liberation Army, one of the three group armies that comprise the Nanjing Military Region responsible for the defense of China's eastern coast and ...
Famous quotes containing the word military:
“In politics, it seems, retreat is honorable if dictated by military considerations and shameful if even suggested for ethical reasons.”
—Mary McCarthy (19121989)
“Personal prudence, even when dictated by quite other than selfish considerations, surely is no special virtue in a military man; while an excessive love of glory, impassioning a less burning impulse, the honest sense of duty, is the first.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“I would sincerely regret, and which never shall happen whilst I am in office, a military guard around the President.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)