Notable Natives and Residents
- Andy DeMize, rock musician
- Brian Tee, American actor
- Caprice Bourret, actress and model
- David Lee, photographer and film director
- Esperanza Martinez, painter
- Fergie, singer, The Black Eyed Peas
- Jill Sterkel, 2-time Olympic champion freestyle swimmer
- Josh Keaton, actor and singer, The Spectacular Spider-Man
- Kevin Song, professional poker player
- Marie Luv, pornographic actress
- Marc Yu, child musician
- Michael Smith, former All-America basketball player at BYU and first-round pick of the Boston Celtics (13th overall), current television and color announcer for Los Angeles Clippers
- Ralph Brown, NFL cornerback for the Arizona Cardinals
- Ryan Sakoda, professional wrestler
- Scott Williams, professional NBA basketball player
- Shaun Cody, defensive tackle for the Houston Texans
- Troy Tanner, professional volleyball player
- Jeff Garcia (voice actor), Voice Actor and Comedian
Read more about this topic: Hacienda Heights, California
Other articles related to "natives, notable, native":
... de la Coruña was the first to come into contact with the natives of the lands that now make up the present day Coeneo ... He quickly gained trust, affection and respect, and convinced the natives to convert to the Catholic faith ... However, the Spanish conquistador Nuño de Guzmán attempted to rob the natives of their possessions and abuse them for refusing to comply ...
... Some of the notable people born in Lafayette Nnamdi Asomugha, NFL defensive back Paul Bako, a catcher in Major League Baseball for the Cincinnati Reds ...
... Alaska Native people began as members of full sovereign nations and continue to enjoy a unique political relationship with the federal government ... the cultural, economic and political voice of the entire Alaska Native community ...
... However, the health of the natives working in the mines became very poor, which is why the Spanish began to look towards a new group for labor ... barons began bringing in African slaves in high numbers to help work the mines with the natives who were still able ... Also many of the lives of these Native and African workers fell short because of the toxic smelter fumes and the mercury vapors that they were inhaling while working the ...
... grasshoppers, and was cooked together with human flesh and that of other birds by the natives of Guadeloupe ... He also stated the natives wore the feathers as head decoration, and as moustaches through the septum of the nose ... He described how it was hunted by the natives as follows The natives make use of a stratagem to take them alive they watch for a chance to find them on the ground, eating the fruit which ...
Famous quotes containing the words residents, notable and/or natives:
“In most nineteenth-century cities, both large and small, more than 50 percentand often up to 75 percentof the residents in any given year were no longer there ten years later. People born in the twentieth century are much more likely to live near their birthplace than were people born in the nineteenth century.”
—Stephanie Coontz (20th century)
“In one notable instance, where the United States Army and a hundred years of persuasion failed, a highway has succeeded. The Seminole Indians surrendered to the Tamiami Trail. From the Everglades the remnants of this race emerged, soon after the trail was built, to set up their palm-thatched villages along the road and to hoist tribal flags as a lure to passing motorists.”
—For the State of Florida, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“From what I have said of the natives of New Holland they may appear to some to be the most wretched people upon earth; but in reality they are far happier than we Europeans, being wholly unacquainted not only with the superfluous, but with the necessary conveniences so much sought after in Europe; they are happy in not knowing the use of them.”
—James, Captain Cook (17281779)