Notable Natives and Residents
- Andy DeMize, rock musician
- Brian Tee, American actor
- Caprice Bourret, actress and model
- David Lee, photographer and film director
- Esperanza Martinez, painter
- Fergie, singer, The Black Eyed Peas
- Jill Sterkel, 2-time Olympic champion freestyle swimmer
- Josh Keaton, actor and singer, The Spectacular Spider-Man
- Kevin Song, professional poker player
- Marie Luv, pornographic actress
- Marc Yu, child musician
- Michael Smith, former All-America basketball player at BYU and first-round pick of the Boston Celtics (13th overall), current television and color announcer for Los Angeles Clippers
- Ralph Brown, NFL cornerback for the Arizona Cardinals
- Ryan Sakoda, professional wrestler
- Scott Williams, professional NBA basketball player
- Shaun Cody, defensive tackle for the Houston Texans
- Troy Tanner, professional volleyball player
- Jeff Garcia (voice actor), Voice Actor and Comedian
Read more about this topic: Hacienda Heights, California
Other articles related to "notable, natives, native":
... Some of the notable people born in Lafayette Nnamdi Asomugha, NFL defensive back Paul Bako, a catcher in Major League Baseball for the Cincinnati Reds ...
... Almost immediately, they began enslaving the natives as workers in the mines ... However, the health of the natives working in the mines became very poor, which is why the Spanish began to look towards a new group for labor ... began bringing in African slaves in high numbers to help work the mines with the natives who were still able ...
... Alaska Native people began as members of full sovereign nations and continue to enjoy a unique political relationship with the federal government ... economic and political voice of the entire Alaska Native community ... major goals are to Advocate for Alaska Native people, their governments and organizations, with respect to federal, state and local laws Foster and encourage preservation of Alaska Native cultures ...
... human flesh and that of other birds by the natives of Guadeloupe ... He also stated the natives wore the feathers as head decoration, and as moustaches through the septum of the nose ... He described how it was hunted by the natives as follows The natives make use of a stratagem to take them alive they watch for a chance to find them on the ground, eating the fruit which has fallen ...
... In the year 1530 Friar Martín de la Coruña was the first to come into contact with the natives of the lands that now make up the present day Coeneo ... trust, affection and respect, and convinced the natives to convert to the Catholic faith ... However, the Spanish conquistador Nuño de Guzmán attempted to rob the natives of their possessions and abuse them for refusing to comply ...
Famous quotes containing the words residents, notable and/or natives:
“In most nineteenth-century cities, both large and small, more than 50 percentand often up to 75 percentof the residents in any given year were no longer there ten years later. People born in the twentieth century are much more likely to live near their birthplace than were people born in the nineteenth century.”
—Stephanie Coontz (20th century)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)
“Here was a little of everything in a small compass to satisfy the wants and the ambition of the woods,... but there seemed to me, as usual, a preponderance of childrens toys,dogs to bark, and cats to mew, and trumpets to blow, where natives there hardly are yet. As if a child born into the Maine woods, among the pine cones and cedar berries, could not do without such a sugar-man or skipping-jack as the young Rothschild has.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)