Gather, gatherer, or gathering may refer to:
In anthropology and sociology:
- Hunter-gatherer, a person or a society whose subsistence depends on hunting and gathering of wild foods
- Intensive gathering, the practice of cultivating wild plants as a step toward domestication
- Harvesting crops
In the arts:
- Global gathering, a music festival in the United Kingdom
- Ricochet Gathering, a music event in the United States
- Tribal Gathering, a music festival in the United Kingdom
- Gather (sewing), an area where fabric is folded or bunched together with thread or yarn
- Gather (knitting), a generic term for one of several knitting techniques to draw stitches closer together
- Gather.com, a social networking website
- Gathering (bookbinding), a number of sheets of paper folded and sewn or glued as a group into a bookbinding
- Gathering of Developers, sometimes called as 'Gathering'
- Rag gatherer, an archaic occupation, also known as rag picker
- Gathering, any type of party or meeting, including:
- Bee (gathering), an old term which describes a group of people coming together for a task
- Salon (gathering), a party associated with French and Italian intellectuals
Other articles related to "gathering":
... Curious Pastimes' ongoing LARP campaign, Renewal, is a spin-off from Lorien Trust's Gathering campaign ... These battles represent one of the major variations from the Gathering parent-game, being exclusively Player-versus-Monster battles (the Gathering's ... in August, Renewal is the third-largest fest campaign in the UK, behind the Gathering and Profound Decisions' Maelstrom ...
... Sixteen Days/Gathering Dust in an EP released by This Mortal Coil, a supergroup on the 4AD label, headed up by label founder and president Ivo Watts-Russell ... to convince Modern English to record a medley of "Sixteen Days" and "Gathering Dust," two of the band's early songs with which they closed out their live sets ... Ivo has expressed displeasure with how the "Sixteen Days/Gathering Dust" medley turned out, and it has become somewhat of a rarity ...
... Gathering seafood by hand – Gathering seafood by hand can be as easy as picking shellfish or kelp up off the beach, or doing some digging for clams or crabs, or perhaps diving under the ...
... Tank Platoon M1 Tank Platoon II Machiavelli the Prince Magic The Gathering Desktop Themes (1996) Magic The Gathering (1997) Magic The Gathering - Spells of the ...
... Hunting and Gathering (French Ensemble, c'est tout) is a 2007 French romantic film based on the writer Anna Gavalda's 2004 novel Hunting and Gathering ...
Famous quotes containing the word gathering:
“This was once
a city among men, a gathering together of spirit.
It was measured by the Lord and found wanting.”
—Robert Duncan (b. 1919)
“Converse with a mind that is grandly simple, and literature looks like word-catching. The simplest utterances are worthiest to be written, yet are they so cheap, and so things of course, that, in the infinite riches of the soul, it is like gathering a few pebbles off the ground, or bottling a little air in a phial, when the whole earth and the whole atmosphere are ours.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“But gathering as we stray, a sense
Of Life, so lovely and intense,
It lingers when we wander hence,
That those who follow feel behind
Their backs, when all before is blind,
Our joy, a rampart to the mind.”
—John Masefield (18781967)