Fred Rouhling (born January 24, 1970) is a French rock climber, famed for his 1995 proposal of the grade 9b/5.15b for his unrepeated climb Akira. (See Realization, or rather Biographie.) Other notable climbs of his include:
- Hugh (9a) in Eaux-Claires, France, first ascent (FA) in 1993.
- L'autre côté du ciel, or The Other Side of the Sky, (9a) in Eaux-Claires, France, FA in 1997.
- In 2002, repeated Bain de Sang (9a, FA by Fred Nicole) in Saint Loup, Switzerland.
- Mandallaz Drive (9a/5.14d) at d’Allonzier la Caille, near Haute-Savoie, south of Geneva, FA in 2004.
- In 2007, FA of Salamandre 9a/b at Saint-Pierre en Faucigny.
Read more about Fred Rouhling: Problems
Famous quotes containing the word fred:
“Another one o them new worlds. No beer, no women, no pool parlors, nothing. Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans. And we gotta bring our own tin cans.”
—Cyril Hume, and Fred McLeod Wilcox. Cook (Earl Holliman)