Fields may refer to:
- Fields Medal for outstanding achievement in mathematics
- The Fields Institute, an international centre for research in mathematical sciences at the University of Toronto
- Caulfield Grammarians Football Club, also known as "The Fields"
- Fields (surname), a family name (including a list of people with that name)
- Fields (band), an indie rock band
- Fields (department store), a chain of discount department stores operating in the Canadian provinces of Alberta and British Columbia
- Field's, a shopping centre in Denmark
- Fields, Indiana, United States
- Fields, Oregon, United States
- Fields (Junip album), the debut LP by Swedish based indie rock band Junip
- Fields (progressive rock band), a progressive rock band formed in 1971
Other articles related to "fields, field":
... Deinterlacing requires the display to buffer one or more fields and recombine them into full frames ... In theory this would be as simple as capturing one field and combining it with the next field to be received, producing a single frame ... However, the originally recorded signal was produced as a series of fields, and any motion of the subjects during the short period between the fields is encoded ...
... natural gas is often found underwater in offshore gas fields such as the North Sea, Corrib Gas Field off Ireland, and the Sable Offshore Energy Project in the Scotian Shelf near Sable Island ... and transport offshore natural gas is different from land-based fields in that a few, very large rigs are usually used, due to the cost and logistical difficulties in working over water ... Rising gas prices have encouraged drillers to revisit fields that, until now, were not considered economically viable ...
... The only large ice fields in mainland Europe are in Norway (e.g ... There are a several dozen small ice fields in the Alps and tiny remnants of permanent ice in Sweden, the Apennines, the Pyrenees and the Balkans ... Since the disappearance of the last remaining ice field in Andalucía, with the eventual disappearance of the Corral del Veluta glacier in 1913, the southernmost surviving permanent ice ...
... In analog television, each frame is divided into two consecutive fields, one containing all even lines, another with the odd lines ... The fields are captured in succession at a rate twice that of the nominal frame rate ... For instance, PAL and SECAM systems have a rate of 25 frames/s or 50 fields/s, while the NTSC system delivers 29.97 frames/s or 59.94 fields/s ...
... Strawberry Fields is a 2.5-acre (10,000 m2) landscaped section in New York City's Central Park that is dedicated to the memory of the musician John Lennon ... It is named after The Beatles song "Strawberry Fields Forever" ...
Famous quotes containing the word fields:
“This scene was supposed to be in a saloon, but the censor cut it out. Itll play just as well.”
—Otis Criblecoblis, U.S. screenwriter. W.C. Fields (W.C. Fields)
“Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay,
Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away,
Gone from the earth to a better land I know,
I hear their gentle voices calling Old Black Joe.”
—Stephen Collins Foster (18261864)