Places of Interest
|Accessible open space|
|Museum (free/not free)|
- Abberton Reservoir
- Ashingdon (The site of the Battle of Ashingdon in 1016), near Southend, with its isolated St Andrews Church and King George's Field
- Audley End House and Gardens, Saffron Walden
- Colchester Castle
- Chelmsford Cathedral
- Colchester Zoo
- Colne Valley Railway
- Cressing Temple
- East Anglian Railway Museum
- Epping Forest
- Epping Ongar Railway
- Great Bentley, which has the largest village green in England
- Harlow New Town
- Hedingham Castle, between Stansted and Colchester, to the north of Braintree
- Ingatestone Hall, Ingatestone, between Brentwood and Chelmsford
- Kelvedon Hatch (Secret Nuclear Bunker)
- Loughton, by Epping Forest and having a London Underground Central Line tube station
- Maldon historic market town, close to Chelmsford and the North Sea, and site of the Battle of Maldon
- Mangapps Railway Museum (Burnham-on-Crouch)
- Marsh Farm Country Park (South Woodham Ferrers)
- Mersea Island, birdwatching and rambling resort with one settlement, West Mersea
- Mistley Towers, Manningtree, between Colchester and Ipswich, near Alton Water.
- Mountfitchet Castle, Stansted
- North Weald Airfield
- Orsett Hall Hotel, Prince Charles Avenue, Orsett near Chadwell St Mary
- St Peter-on-the-Wall
- Saffron Walden
- Southend Pier
- Thames Estuary
- Thaxted, south of Saffron Walden
- University of Essex (Wivenhoe Park, Colchester)
- Waltham Abbey
Read more about this topic: Essex
Other articles related to "places of interest, places, place":
... For a full list of tourist attractions and places of interest see Places of interest in Buckinghamshire ...
... and is free of charge Whittier is the home to the following places listed in the National Register of Historic Places Pio Pico House, 6003 Pioneer Blvd ...
... Places of interest The almost symmetrical cone of Mayon Volcano Rizal Street, the four-lane main thoroughfare of Legazpi City Peñaranda Park, the main plaza in the Albay District Ligñon Hill ... Park and Wildlife, is one of the best places to view Mayon Volcano and Legazpi City ...
... Three nations had four places, five nations had three places, thirteen nations had two places, and eleven nations only one place ...
... of the Yorkshire Wolds Way passes close to or through the following places Hessle North Ferriby Melton Welton Brantingham South Cave North Newbald Goodmanham Market Weighton ...
Famous quotes containing the words interest and/or places:
“We women are not made for governing and if we are good women, we must dislike these masculine occupations; but there are times which force one to take interest in them mal gré bon gré, and I do, of course, intensely.”
“The social kiss is an exchange of insincerity between two combatants on the field of social advancement. It places hygiene before affection and condescension before all else.”
—Sunday Correspondent (London, Aug. 12, 1990)