Honours and Awards
- 1973: Honorary Fellow, King's College, Cambridge
- 1978: Fellow of the British Academy
- 1995: Deutscher Memorial Prize; Lionel Gelber Prize
- 1996: Wolfson History Oeuvre Prize
- 1998: Companion of Honour, Order of the Companions of Honour
- 1999: Buchpreis zur Europäischen Verständigung Leipziger Buchpreis zur Europäischen Verständigung (Hauptpreis)
- 1999: Honorary degree from Universidad de la República Montevideo, Uruguay
- 2000: Ernst Bloch Prize
- 2003: Balzan Prize recipient
- 2006: Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature
- 2008: Honorary citizenship from Vienna
- 2008: Honorary degree from University of Vienna
- 2008: Honorary degree from Charles University in Prague
- 2008: Bochum History Prize
Read more about this topic: Eric Hobsbawm
Other articles related to "honours, awards, award, honours and awards":
... of Australian citizens for Australian honours ... Non-Australians can be given honorary awards for "extraordinary service to Australia or humanity at large" ... for the Order of Australia are available through the Australian Honours Secretariat website, or upon application to the Honours Secretariat at Government ...
... In 1963, Richardson won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival for Long Day's Journey into Night ... He won the BAFTA Award for Best British Actor for The Sound Barrier (1952), and was nominated on another three occasions (his last being for Greystoke The Legend of ... and Greystoke, as well as New York Film Critics Circle and National Board of Review Awards for "Best Actor" for The Sound Barrier and another NYFCC Award for "Best Supporting Actor" for Greystoke ...
... Undergraduate studies can be in the form of either single honours or combined honours degrees, most of which are available for study on either a full-time or part-tim ... With a combined honours degree, a student may choose to study two different subjects in one of two ways Major/Minor combinations, where the student spends two-thirds of their time studying one subject ... The award would be for example, BA (Hons) History with English Literature Joint combinations where two subjects are studied equally ...
... See also List of honours of the Luxembourgish Grand-Ducal Family by country. ...
... In the Queen's Birthday Honours of 1971, he was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) ... In the Australia Day Honours of 1979, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) ...
Famous quotes containing the word honours:
“If a novel reveals true and vivid relationships, it is a moral work, no matter what the relationships consist in. If the novelist honours the relationship in itself, it will be a great novel.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)