A list, by year, of the awards and recognitions presented to Grandma's Gifts or Emily Douglas on behalf of the organization.
- Siena Medal from Theta Phi Alpha Fraternity
- American City Business Journals's Forty Under 40 award
- Glamour Magazine's Sally Hanson Best of You finalist
- L'Oreal Paris Women of Worth Finalist
- People Magazine full page article, "Helping Kids in Appalachia"
- Hannity's America as the Hero of the Week, Fox News
- The Honorable Order of Cincinnatus
- Volvo For Life Awards, Semi-Finalist
- Featured as a guest speaker on Senator Bill Bradley's Sirius Satellite Radio Show, American Voices
- International SERTOMA, Service to Mankind Award
- Tri-State/Regional, Ohio, & Powell SERTOMA, Service to Mankind Award
- American Profiles, Hometown Hero
- Miami University, Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Temple Award for Creative Altruism from the Institute of Noetic Sciences
- Seventeen Magazine Community Service Grand Prize Winner
- Family Circle Magazine, Halo Award
- Selected as a Giraffe by the Giraffe Heroes Project, as a person who all sticks their neck out for the common good
- Freedoms Foundation, George Washington Honor Medal
- National Institute for Public Service Best Practice Model
- Appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show as one of Oprah's Angels, in recognition of Grandma's Gifts
- The Columbus Dispatch's Community Service Award
- Worthington Optimist Club Award Recipient
- Columbus Parks and Recreation Kidspeak, Community Service Award
- Prudential Spirit of Community Award, National Awardee
- Prudential Spirit of Community Award, State Awardee
Read more about this topic: Emily Elizabeth Douglas
Other articles related to "selected, selected awards, award, awards":
... and leadership qualities, PFC Franks was selected to attend the Artillery and Missile Officer Candidate School, Fort Sill, Oklahoma and was commissioned a second lieutenant in 1967 ... In 1969, he was selected to participate in the Army's "Boot Strap Degree Completion Program," and subsequently attended the University of Texas at Arlington, where he finished his. 1997, a post he held until June 2000 when he was selected for promotion to general and assignment as Commander in Chief, United States Central Command ...
... Toussaint L'Ouverture Freedom Award, Haitian Community, 1980 Distinguished Alumnus Award, Princeton Theological Seminary, 1982 New Jersey Citizen Action Award "International Human Rights Activist", 1985 ...
... Holcim Awards for Sustainable Construction Acknowledgement Prize North America, 2011, for the Ford Calumet Environmental Center Distinguished Building Honor Award, AIA Chicago, 2011 ...
Famous quotes containing the word selected:
“She was so overcome by the splendor of his achievement that she took him into the closet and selected a choice apple and delivered it to him, along with an improving lecture upon the added value and flavor a treat took to itself when it came without sin through virtuous effort. And while she closed with a Scriptural flourish, he hooked a doughnut.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)