Honours and Awards
- 1978, Made a Member of the Order of Canada
- 1984, Awarded Retail Council of Canada's Distinguished Canadian Retailer of the Year Award
- 1984, Named a Freeman of the City of London in recognition of his contributions to British theatre (he subsequently drove a herd of sheep across London Bridge, a right of a Freeman of the city)
- 1987, Promoted to Officer of the Order of Canada
- 1989, Appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- 1999, Awarded Retail Council of Canada's Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2008, One block of Duncan Street in Toronto, near the Royal Alexandra Theatre and the Princess of Wales Theatre in the Entertainment District, is renamed Ed Mirvish Way
- 2008, The parkette at Bathurst Subway Station, near Honest Ed's, is renamed Ed & Anne Mirvish Parkette
- 2011, The former Canon Theatre on Yonge Street in Toronto was renamed as the Ed Mirvish Theatre.
Read more about this topic: Ed Mirvish
Other articles related to "honours, awards, honours and awards, award":
... or organisation can make nominations of Australian citizens for Australian honours ... Non-Australians can be given honorary awards for "extraordinary service to Australia or humanity at large" ... Nomination forms for the Order of Australia are available through the Australian Honours Secretariat website, or upon application to the Honours ...
... See also List of honours of the Luxembourgish Grand-Ducal Family by country. ...
... Undergraduate studies can be in the form of either single honours or combined honours degrees, most of which are available for study on either a full-time or part-time basis ... With a combined honours degree, a student may choose to study two different subjects in one of two ways Major/Minor combinations, where the student spends two-thirds of their time studying one subject and ... The award would be for example, BA (Hons) History with English Literature Joint combinations where two subjects are studied equally ...
... In 1963, Richardson won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival for Long Day's Journey into Night ... He won the BAFTA Award for Best British Actor for The Sound Barrier (1952), and was nominated on another three occasions (his last being for Greystoke The Legend of Tarzan ... Film Critics Circle and National Board of Review Awards for "Best Actor" for The Sound Barrier and another NYFCC Award for "Best Supporting Actor" for Greystoke ...
... In the Queen's Birthday Honours of 1971, he was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) ... In the Australia Day Honours of 1979, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) ...
Famous quotes containing the word honours:
“If a novel reveals true and vivid relationships, it is a moral work, no matter what the relationships consist in. If the novelist honours the relationship in itself, it will be a great novel.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)