Early may refer to:
- the beginning or oldest part of a defined historical period, as opposed to middle or late periods
- e.g., Early modern Europe
- In the United States:
- Early, Iowa
- Early, Texas
- Early County, Georgia
- Gerald Early, writer, culture critic and professor
- James M. Early, electrical engineer for whom the Early effect was named
- Joseph Early, congressman from Massachusetts
- Jubal Anderson Early, American Civil War general
- Early Doucet, American football wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals
- Early Wynn, Major League baseball pitcher, elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972
- Early Cuyler, an anthropomorphic hillbilly squid in The Squidbillies.
- Early Grayce, a sociopath in the film Kalifornia.
- Jubal Early a fictional bounty hunter from the television series Firefly
- Early Christianity
- Early Records, a record label
- Early effect, an effect in transistor physics
Other articles related to "early":
... have suggested that, after ' Pre-adulthood...in the first 20 years or so...the second era, Early Adulthood, lasts from about age 17 to 45...the adult era of greatest energy and abundance and of greatest ... that it is essentially the twenties and thirties which constitute ' Early adulthood...the basis for what Levinson calls the Dream - a vision of his goal's in life which ...
... An integral part of the early Cramps sound is dual guitars, without a bassist ... Their sound was heavily influenced by early rockabilly, rhythm and blues, and rock and roll like Link Wray and Hasil Adkins, 1960s surf music acts such as The Ventures and Dick Dale, 1960s garage ...
... it, but Northern Mannerism continued into the early 17th century throughout much of Europe ... associated with artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and early Michelangelo ... some scholars have applied the label to certain early modern forms of literature (especially poetry) and music of the 16th and 17th centuries ...
... Oldfield's career began fairly early, playing acoustic guitar in local folk clubs ... In his early teens, Oldfield was involved in a beat group playing The Shadows-style music (he has often cited Hank Marvin as a major influence, and would later cover The Shadows' song "Wonde ... quickly befriended Oldfield, and encouraged him in his composition of an early version of Tubular Bells ...
... Further information Early Modern literature, Early Modern history of Germany, and Early New High German ...
Famous quotes containing the word early:
“Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and organize.”
—Albert Gore, Jr. (b. 1948)
“We are living now, not in the delicious intoxication induced by the early successes of science, but in a rather grisly morning-after, when it has become apparent that what triumphant science has done hitherto is to improve the means for achieving unimproved or actually deteriorated ends.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)
“In early times every sort of advantage tends to become a military advantage; such is the best way, then, to keep it alive. But the Jewish advantage never did so; beginning in religion, contrary to a thousand analogies, it remained religious. For that we care for them; from that have issued endless consequences.”
—Walter Bagehot (18261877)