Early may refer to:
- the beginning or oldest part of a defined historical period, as opposed to middle or late periods
- e.g., Early modern Europe
- In the United States:
- Early, Iowa
- Early, Texas
- Early County, Georgia
- Gerald Early, writer, culture critic and professor
- James M. Early, electrical engineer for whom the Early effect was named
- Joseph Early, congressman from Massachusetts
- Jubal Anderson Early, American Civil War general
- Early Doucet, American football wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals
- Early Wynn, Major League baseball pitcher, elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1972
- Early Cuyler, an anthropomorphic hillbilly squid in The Squidbillies.
- Early Grayce, a sociopath in the film Kalifornia.
- Jubal Early a fictional bounty hunter from the television series Firefly
- Early Christianity
- Early Records, a record label
- Early effect, an effect in transistor physics
Other articles related to "early":
... a more Baroque style began to replace it, but Northern Mannerism continued into the early 17th century throughout much of Europe ... associated with artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, and early Michelangelo ... For example, some scholars have applied the label to certain early modern forms of literature (especially poetry) and music of the 16th and 17th centuries ...
... An integral part of the early Cramps sound is dual guitars, without a bassist ... Their sound was heavily influenced by early rockabilly, rhythm and blues, and rock and roll like Link Wray and Hasil Adkins, 1960s surf music acts such as The ...
... the first 20 years or so...the second era, Early Adulthood, lasts from about age 17 to 45...the adult era of greatest energy and abundance and of greatest contradiction and stress.' Within that framework ... the twenties and thirties which constitute ' Early adulthood...the basis for what Levinson calls the Dream - a vision of his goal's in life which provide ...
... Oldfield's career began fairly early, playing acoustic guitar in local folk clubs ... In his early teens, Oldfield was involved in a beat group playing The Shadows-style music (he has often cited Hank Marvin as a major influence, and would later cover The ... David Bedford, who quickly befriended Oldfield, and encouraged him in his composition of an early version of Tubular Bells ...
... Further information Early Modern literature, Early Modern history of Germany, and Early New High German ...
Famous quotes containing the word early:
“If you are willing to inconvenience yourself in the name of discipline, the battle is half over. Leave Grandmas early if the children are acting impossible. Depart the ballpark in the sixth inning if youve warned the kids and their behavior is still poor. If we do something like this once, our kids will remember it for a long time.”
—Fred G. Gosman (20th century)
“[My early stories] are the work of a living writer whom I know in a sense, but can never meet.”
—Elizabeth Bowen (18991973)
“We can slide it
Rapidly backwards and forwards: we call this
Easing the spring. And rapidly backwards and forwards
The early bees are assaulting and fumbling the flowers:
They call it easing the Spring.”
—Henry Reed (19141986)