Notable People, Past and Present
- The Rev. Nathaniel Chauncey, first graduate of Yale University.
- Moses Austin, (1761–1821), born in Durham, noted businessman involved in the lead industry
- Stephen F. Austin, Son of Moses Austin and founder of Texas.
- Chauncey Goodrich (1759–1815), lawyer and politician who served in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate. In the Sixth Congress, he served with his brother, Elizur.
- Elizur Goodrich (1761–1849), lawyer and politician
- Phineas Lyman (1716–74) major general in the Connecticut militia during the French and Indian War who later led settlers to a tract of land near Natchez, Mississippi
- James Wadsworth (1730–1816) lawyer, the second-highest ranked militia officer in the state during the American Revolutionary War and a delegate to the Continental Congress in 1784.
- Vin Baker (1971-), former professional basketball player who played in the National Basketball Association.
Read more about this topic: Durham, Connecticut
Other articles related to "present, notable":
... married couples living together, 1,844 (8.5%) had a female householder with no husband present, 758 (3.5%) had a male householder with no wife present ...
... The California Water Wars, a struggle between Los Angeles and the Owens Valley for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov ...
... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
... and his estranged nephew, Raj, was also present but walked behind the hearse after getting off the truck to join the procession ...
Famous quotes containing the words present and/or notable:
“I am surprised you shd. say fancy and aesthetic tastes have led me to my present state of mind: these wd. be better satisfied in the Church of England, for bad taste is always meeting one in the accessories of Catholicism.”
—Gerard Manley Hopkins (18441889)
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)