Dorothy may refer to:
- Dorothy (given name), a given name (and list of people with that name)
- Dorothy (opera), a comic opera
- Dorothy (comic book), a comic book based on the Wizard of Oz
- DOROTHY, a device used to study tornadoes in the movie Twister
- USS Dorothy (SP-1289), a United States Navy patrol boat in commission from 1917 to 1918
- ST Dorothy, A Malaysian tug in service 1958-75
- Dorothy (MÄR), a main character in MÄR
- Dorothy Gale or Dorothy, protagonist of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Ace (Doctor Who) or Dorothy, a character played by Sophie Aldred in Doctor Who
- Dorothy, a goldfish on Sesame Street owned by Elmo
- Dorothy the Dinosaur, a costumed dinosaur who appears with The Wiggles
Other articles related to "dorothy":
... Dorothy was a small town in Section 5, Louisville Township, Red Lake County, Minnesota, now a virtual ghost town ... Dorothy initially was established as a railroad station in 1916-17 after the Northern Pacific Railway extended its line from Tilden Junction to Winnipeg and built a spur through Red Lake Falls ...
... Dorothy McEvoy (30 July 1910 - 20 April 1994) was an English cricket player who played five test matches for the England women's team between 1948 and 1951 ... Persondata Name Macevoy, Dorothy Alternative names Short description Cricketer Date of birth 30 July 1910 Place of birth Date of death 20 April 1994 ...
... even something like the purity of one of nature's own grand Spectacles ” —Dorothy Wordsworth, The Grasmere Journal, Saturday 31st July 1802 The sonnet was originally dated ... lies in its great simplicity and beauty of language, turning on Dorothy's observation that this man-made spectacle is nevertheless one to be compared to nature's grandest natural spectacles ... That the sonnet so closely follows Dorothy's journal entry comes as no surprise because Dorothy wrote her Grasmere Journal to "give Wm pleasure by it" and it was freely available to ...
... Aunt Em's two lines "Dorothy, please, we're trying to count!", and "Dorothy, Dorothy, we're busy!" were turned into the single line "Dorothy, Dorothy, we're busy! Please, we're trying to count!" ... sequence, the moments during the tornado scene during which Dorothy sees people - including Miss Gulch - flying past her window, the talking apple trees scene, the appearance of the Witch on the ... and the Tin Man answers "Well, that's you all over", and the scene in which Dorothy's friends are scaling the cliff to get to the witch's castle, as well as many tiny bits from the film ...
... Miriam Hopkins as Dorothy Hunter Joel McCrea as Anthony "Tony" Travers Fay Wray as Sylvia Lockwood Henry Stephenson as Jonathan "John" Connors Reginald Denny as Phillip Lockwood ...
Famous quotes containing the word dorothy:
“Theres Margaret and Marjorie and Dorothy and Nan,
A Daphne and a Mary who live in privacy;
Ones had her fill of lovers, anothers had but one,
Another boasts, I pick and choose and have but two or three.
If head and limb have beauty and the insteps high and light
They can spread out what sail they please for all I have to say....”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“Long as theres lunch counters, you can always find work.”
—Mother and Aunts Of Dorothy Allison, U.S. waitresses. As quoted in Skin, ch. 2, by Dorothy Allison (1994)