Doom may refer to:
- dōm, the Anglo-Saxon word meaning "judgment", "law"
- Doom book the Laws of King Aelfred, Legal Code of Alfred the Great, Code of Alfred 893
- Destiny, a predetermined course of events
- Doom (painting), a painting that depicts the Last Judgment
- Black Doom, leader of the Black Arms in the Sonic the Hedgehog fictional universe
- Doctor Doom, a supervillain and ruler of a small country within the Marvel Comics universe
- Doom 2099, a futuristic version of Doctor Doom
- Doom novels, a series of novels initially based on the Doom video game series.
- Mount Doom, a volcano in J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
Other articles related to "doom":
... Doom has the Cube, and with it he aims to reshape the world in his own image ... Can you unravel Doctor Doom's sinister plan and stop him before it's too late? ...
... Prime Mover is a robot employed by Doctor Doom Doom may or may not have created the robot ... Doctor Doom plays "chess games" against the Prime Mover in which real people, unaware of their status as "pieces" in Doom's "game," are pitted against robots ... Doom used a robot double of the Yellow Claw in one of these games, challenging the Prime Mover who manipulated Nick Fury and his S.H.I.E.L.D ...
... most notable among them Pete Lisa, Christopher Moffett, Tom Von Doom, Fernando Rosario, Brian Smith, Scott DuBoys, Bobby Gustafson (Overkill), Eddie Coen (Sick Of It All) ... Mark Durado, Christopher Moffett and Tom Von Doom ... their best known track, written by Honey 1%er and Tom Von Doom ...
... When the Titans and Doom Patrol put together a birthday party for Beast Boy, members of the Doom Patrol tell the Titans some of their past adventures when Beast Boy was a member ... he starts working on an autobiography, mostly based on his Doom Patrol years, which he plans to call My Greatest Adventure ...
... Doctor Doom (real name Doctor Victor von Doom, or Dr ... Doom for short) is a Marvel comic book supervillain ... analyst and author of The Gloom Boom Doom Report Henry Kaufman (b ...
Famous quotes containing the word doom:
“My doom and my strength is to be solitary.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“If, in all the cities, every house that is past repairing could be pulled down or burned up, how great would be the crash, how heaven-high the conflagration. It would be a veritable crack of Doom and glare of the Judgment.”
—Albion Fellows Bacon (18651933)
“More Safe, and much more modest tis, to say
God woud not leave Mankind without a way:
And that the Scriptures, though not every where
Free from Corruption, or intire, or clear,
Are uncorrupt, sufficient, clear, intire,
In all things which our needfull Faith require.
If others in the same Glass better see
Tis for Themselves they look, but not for me:
For MY Salvation must its Doom receive
Not from what OTHERS, but what I believe.”
—John Dryden (16311700)