Awards and Honors
- Honorary degree, Lawrence College, 1942.
- Awarded Comstock Prize in Physics, National Academy of Sciences, 1943.
- Awarded John Scott Award, City of Philadelphia, 1946.
- Awarded John Price Wetherill Medal, Franklin Institute, 1950.
- Elected to the National Academy of Sciences, 1951.
- Honorary degree, University of Sao Paulo, 1953.
- Awarded James Clerk Maxwell Prize in plasma physics, American Physical Society, 1984.
- Awarded Robert R. Wilson Prize for accelerator physics, 1988.
- Honorary degree, University of Illinois, 1989.
Read more about this topic: Donald William Kerst
Other articles related to "awards and honors, award, awards":
... of Massenet's Manon with Gheorghiu in the title role won the 2001 Gramophone Award for "Best Opera Recording", was nominated for "Best Opera Recording" in the 2002 Grammy Awards ... her the Deutscher Schallplattenpreis award in 2002 ... She also won Diapason d'Or Awards, Choc du Monde de la Musique in France, Cecilia Prize in Belgium, the Echo Award, the Italian Musica e dischi, Foreign Lyric Production Award, the USA Critics' Award ...
... John W ... Campbell Award for Best New Writer of 2000 or 2001 Kristine Smith ...
... During its time, The A-Team was nominated for 3 Emmy Awards In 1983 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the pilot episode, in 1984 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the episode "When You ...
... the 90-year-old Scholastic Art Writing Awards in the Future New category ... For this branch of the Scholastic Awards, students will be challenged to express bold and innovative ideas using new technologies ... to facilitate their creations and will award three winners with a $1000 scholarship ...
2002 – Teen Choice Awards – TV – Choice Breakout Star, Female (The Osbournes) – Won 2003 – Teen Choice Awards – Favorite TV Personality – Nominated 2003 – Teen Choice Awards – Choice TV ...
Famous quotes containing the word honors:
“My hearts subdued
Even to the very quality of my lord.
I saw Othellos visage in his mind,
And to his honors and his valiant parts
Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)