- Dom people, an ethnic group in the Middle East
- Doms, people of indigenous origin found in the Indian state of West Bengal
- Domba or Dom, an ethnic group of India
- Martinus Dom (1791–1873), first abbot of the Trappist Abbey of Westmalle in Belgium and founder of the Trappist brewery
- Dom Capers, American football coach
- Dom DeLuise, American entertainer
- Dom DiMaggio, American baseball player
- Dominic Howard, drummer for the English rock band Muse
- Dom Mintoff, former Prime Minister of Malta
- Dominic Wood or Dom, a British children's entertainer and TV presenter
- Dom Nguyen (aka Shirt Guy Dom), an entertainment writer who has inspired a fictional character of the same name in the webcomic MegaTokyo
Read more about this topic: Dom
Other articles related to "people":
... On the day of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was somebody, even if ... anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor Durlovski ...
... one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“However, no two people see the external world in exactly the same way. To every separate person a thing is what he thinks it isin other words, not a thing, but a think.”
—Penelope Fitzgerald (b. 1916)
“... people are almost always better than their neighbours think they are.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)
“I demand that my books be judged with utmost severity, by knowledgeable people who know the rules of grammar and of logic, and who will seek beneath the footsteps of my commas the lice of my thought in the head of my style.”
—Louis Aragon (18971982)