- Dom people, an ethnic group in the Middle East
- Doms, people of indigenous origin found in the Indian state of West Bengal
- Domba or Dom, an ethnic group of India
- Martinus Dom (1791–1873), first abbot of the Trappist Abbey of Westmalle in Belgium and founder of the Trappist brewery
- Dom Capers, American football coach
- Dom DeLuise, American entertainer
- Dom DiMaggio, American baseball player
- Dominic Howard, drummer for the English rock band Muse
- Dom Mintoff, former Prime Minister of Malta
- Dominic Wood or Dom, a British children's entertainer and TV presenter
- Dom Nguyen (aka Shirt Guy Dom), an entertainment writer who has inspired a fictional character of the same name in the webcomic MegaTokyo
Read more about this topic: Dom
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan ...
... is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... Schwarzenegger said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1 ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 people (11.8 ...
... On the day of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was ... When I was a kid, no one would believe anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“A good cause can become bad if we fight for it with means that are indiscriminatingly murderous. A bad cause can become good if enough people fight for it in a spirit of comradeship and self-sacrifice. In the end it is how you fight, as much as why you fight, that makes your cause good or bad.”
—Freeman Dyson (b. 1923)
“What happiness did poor Mothers studies bring her? It is the melancholy tendency of such studies to separate people from their friends and neighbors and fellow creatures in whom alone lies ones happiness.”
—Mary Potter Playne (c. 1850?)
“If Socialism can only be realized when the intellectual development of all the people permits it, then we shall not see Socialism for at least five hundred years.”
—Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (18701924)