Sporting Victories, Palmares
Diatto-Clement competition victories included:
- 1906 Herkomer Competition, Germany, against 134 competitors (1800 km from Frankfurt to Innsbruk);
- 1906 Lugano-San Gottardo (speed trial over 7 hours through the mountain passes) in Switzerland;
- 1906 Italian Gold Cup, defeating 48 competitors over 4000 km in 11 daily stages across Italy.
- 1907 Cannes Cup, for fuel economy
- 1908 Saint Petersburg-Moscow 700 km race.
Autocostruzioni Diatto competition victories included :
- 1909 Italy - Modena “Mile record”;
- 1910 UK - Brooklands;
- 1913 Italy - Parma-Poggio di Berceto (the Race to the mountain);
- 1914 Spain - Barcellona “Rebassada Cup”;
- 1914 France - “Tourist Cup” (3120 km, economy and efficiency prizes with the lowest fuel consumption);
- 1914 Italy - the Milan-Sanremo (320 km reliability trial).
- 1923 Italy - 'Circuito del Garda' won by Guido Meregalli.
Read more about this topic: Diatto
Other related articles:
... One of his prerequisites was a new airplane to fly ... He was delighted with his brand new Fokker Dr.I triplane ...
... Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan and Jack Nicklaus hold the record for the most U.S ... Open victories, with four victories each ...
... He graduated from Jastashule I and was assigned to Jagdstaffel 62 in March 1918 ... He flew an all black Albatros D.Va with a personal insignia of a German national flag streaming from a slanted staff imposed on a white square painted on the side of the plane's fuselage just aft of the cockpit ...
... By 19 December, he had scored six victories, and his squadron phased out the Nieuports ... For the remainder of his victories, Scaroni would fly a Hanriot HD.1 ...
... the highest-scoring observer ace during the war, for two of his victories, on 22 April and 26 July 1918, as well as with Sergeant L Kendrick for two victories in May 1918 ... Second Lieutenant Clifford Tolman, an 'ace' with 8 victories, who was also killed in the crash ... during the war, and was crewed with Thompson on no fewer than 25 of the pilot's 30 victories, claiming at least six victories in his own right ...
Famous quotes containing the word sporting:
“I once heard of a murderer who propped his two victims up against a chess board in sporting attitudes and was able to get as far as Seattle before his crime was discovered.”
—Robert Benchley (18891945)