Dial may mean:
- -dial, the suffix for dialdehydes (a molecule with two aldehyde groups)
- 'dial.' can be an abbreviation for 'dialect'
- Dial (measurement), a display device in radio, measuring instruments, etc.
- Dial Corporation, a consumer products company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA.
- Dial (soap), a brand of antibacterial soap and related products
- Dial House (disambiguation), various
- Dial Records (disambiguation), various
- Dunedin International Airport Limited, New Zealand
- Delhi International Airport (P) Limited, Delhi, India
- Mode dial, part of dSLR and SLR-like digital cameras
- Rotary dial, a device for the input of numbers in telephones and similar devices
- A sundial or clock face
- The Dial, an American magazine published intermittently from 1840 to 1929.
- DIAL, an acronym for Differential Absorbtion LIDAR
Read more about Dial: Etymology
Other articles related to "dial":
... Its original meaning was sundial and/or clock dial, from Latin diālis meaning daily, or concerning the day, because of its use in telling the time of day ...
... the M6 TTL, the M7 features an "off" position on the shutter speed dial (the electronics of the M6 Classic can be switched off by setting the dial to the B position) ... The M7 is also the first Leica to support DX encoding, using the dial that has been on the back of Leica cameras since the M3 ... setting coupled to the lightmeter starting with the M6, the dial now controls exposure compensation on the M7 ...
... (Local Version) (formerly known as Country Today) is a 24-hour music format produced by Dial Global, and formerly by Waitt Radio Networks and then by the now-defunct Dial Global Local ... In June 2012, due to reorganizations at Dial Global, the Dial Global Local 24/7 formats were fully integrated into Dial Global's portfolio of formats, and "Dial ... However, most of the former Dial Global Local formats are still offered to affiliate stations in the same manner in which they were previously offered ...
... Virtual dial-up allows many separate and autonomous protocol domains to share common access infrastructure including modems, Access Servers, and ISDN routers ... RFCs prior to 2341 have specified protocols for supporting IP dial-up via SLIP and multiprotocol dial-up via PPP ...
... In watch-making, or horology, a California dial refers to a clock face that consists of half Roman (usually 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock) and half Arabic numerals (usually 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock) ... The use of this dial style dates back to the 1930s, for example in early Rolexes, Marina Militare and Kampfschwimmer diver's watches ... A number of Rolexes were refurbished by a company based in California using this style of dial, and resulting in the name "California dial" ...
Famous quotes containing the word dial:
“The bawdy hand of the dial is now upon the prick of noon.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“Decades of Arrogance between
The Dial life
—Emily Dickinson (18301886)
“Although I will inherit darkness
I will keep dialing left to right.
I will struggle like a surgeon.
I will call quickly for the glare of the moon.
I will even dial milk.”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)