The Developmental Profile
On the basis of the concept of developmental lines Anna Freud developed the 'developmental profile'. The profile has two aims:
- ultimately classifying the individual within a diagnostic schema
- a more detailed examination of the internal picture of the child which contains information about:
- the structure of the personality
- the dynamic interplay within the structure
- some economic factors concerning drive activity and the relative strength of id and ego forces
- the adaptation to reality; and some genetic assumptions
A developmental profile consists of the following parts:
- Reasons (and circumstances) for referral. Description of symptoms.
- Description of the child
- Family background (past and present) and personal history
- Possibly significant environmental circumstances
- Assessment of development
- Assessment of fixation points and regressions
- Assessment of the conflicts
- Assessment of some general characteristics
Also based on the developmental lines, Professor Abraham developed another kind of developmental profile in the nineties.
Read more about this topic: Developmental Lines
Other articles related to "developmental":
1983–1987) Infant Behavior and Development (1977–1992) Child Development Developmental Psychobiology (1985–1991, 1995–1999) Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology (1993-) Developmental Review (200 ...
... education experience for individuals ages 3–22 with medical, developmental, and physical disabilities the Life Skills Academy, an initiative designed to ... at Mill Creek, is a 20-acre campus that includes the Marklund Hyde Center which houses seven developmental training classrooms, therapy areas, a hydrotherapy pool and spa, and administrative offices ...
... heart rate variability measures in young children? Developmental Psychobiology, 49, 485-494 ... Developmental Psychobiology, 49, 531-542 ... Developmental Psychopathology,18, 923-933 ...
... The Sonoma Developmental Center is a large, state-run facility in California, United States, serving the needs of people with developmental disabilities ...
... diploma and MSc courses MSc in Psychoanalytic Developmental Psychology (in collaboration with UCL) ... The course combines theoretical consideration of psychoanalytic perspectives on developmental issues and inter-family relationships with year-long observations ... MSc in Developmental Neuroscience Psychopathology (in collaboration with UCL and the Yale Child Study Center) ...
Famous quotes containing the word profile:
“Expecting rain, the profile of a day
Wears its soul like a hat....”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)