Deputy may refer to:
- Steward (office)
- Deputy (legislator), a legislator in many countries, including:
- A member of a Chamber of Deputies
- A member of a National Assembly
- A member of the Dáil Éireann
- A member of the States of Guernsey or the States of Jersey elected by a parish or district
- A subordinate
- Deputy premier - a subordinate of the Premier and next-in-command in the cabinet of the Soviet Union and its successor countries, including:
- Deputy sheriff, deputized by a sheriff to perform the same duties as the sheriff
- Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
- White House Deputy Chief of Staff
- Deputy marriage commissioner
- Deputy Dawg
- Deputy, Indiana, a small town in the United States
Other articles related to "deputy":
... The Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (PDASD(P R)) is the Under Secretary's chief staff assistant ... Established as the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness) by the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2002 (P.L ... The DUSD(P R) was re-designated Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness), or PDUSD(P R) in July 2003 by DoD Directive 5124.8. ...
... father, a government official who went on to become the Deputy Collector of Midnapur ... He was appointed as Deputy Collector, just like his father, of Jessore, Chattopadhyay went on to become a Deputy Magistrate, retiring from government service in 1891 ...
1936, in Markethill, County Armagh, is an Irish former politician and former Deputy Leader of the nationalist Social Democratic and Labour Party in Northern Ireland ... He served as the first Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland from 1999 to 2001 and as acting Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland in 2001 ...
... Officials reporting to the USD(I) include Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Joint and Coalition Warfighter Support Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Technical Collection and Analysis Deputy Under Secretary ...
... He resigned membership after elected as the deputy of Bursa for the Grand National Assembly ... However, on 17 January 1925, the status of deputy of Nureddin Pasha was rejected by the Grand National Assembly on the ground of his military register ...
Famous quotes containing the word deputy:
“Not all the water in the rough rude sea
Can wash the balm off from an anointed king;
The breath of worldly men cannot depose
The deputy elected by the Lord.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“The only law was that enforced by the Creek Lighthorsemen and the U.S. deputy marshals who paid rare and brief visits; or the two volumes of common law that every man carried strapped to his thighs.”
—State of Oklahoma, U.S. relief program (1935-1943)