Deck may refer to:
- Deck (ship), a floor of a ship
- Bus deck, referring to the number of passenger levels on a bus or coach
- Plane deck, referring to the flight deck or the fuselage
- Deck (building), an outdoor floor attached to a building made of only wood or woodlike material
- Roof deck, a roof system
- Observation deck, a platform situated upon a tall architectural structure or natural feature
- Deck (bridge), the roadway surface of a bridge
- Decking, a garden structure with a suspended wooden surface
- The concrete or tile area surrounding a swimming pool
- Another name for a storey
- Deck tiles, tiles of wood with a polypropylene base that interlock together
- Deck arch bridge, a type of bridge
- Orthotropic deck
- Business Deck, a presentation, usually in Powerpoint or Keynote
In games and sports:
- deck, the flat surface of a skateboard
- Deck (cards), a collection of cards
- Game deck, a video game system
- Théodore Deck, 19th century French ceramicist
- a Head unit
- a Phonograph turntable
- Tape deck, a sound recording and playback device
- A stage (theatre)
- Deck Afta, a character from the anime Space Runaway Ideon
- deck or dek, a phrase, sentence or several sentences near the title of an article or story
As a euphemism:
- To strike or hit with the intention of rendering the recipient to the floor - "I'll deck you"
Other articles related to "deck, decks":
... vehicles ashore, additionally, amphibious vehicles can be launched from the tank deck via the ship's stern gate and the ship's flight deck can accommodate most Navy helicopter types ... A between-decks ramp allows easy access from the tank deck to the main deck to off-load all equipment from the bow ...
... Board of Trustees approved the construction of the east upper deck ... The new upper deck provided 10,000 additional bleacher seats and eighty-one skyboxes on two levels—sixty-three 16-seat and eighteen 24-seat capacity boxes ... On September 5, 1998, the stadium's eastern upper deck was opened, and raised its official seating capacity to 83,818 at a final cost of $35 million ...
... The weather deck is a deck set up for weather reports ... The weather deck was introduced in 1999 ... In Spring 2009, the Weather Deck was absent from many of the newscasts because lighting for the deck became too expensive for WZZM 13 to continue operation ...
... Bakura uses an Occult Deck for the initial part of the show, using monsters that reflect his views on the supernatural ... During the Battle City arc, he uses a new deck constructed by Dark Bakura, focusing on the darker side of the occult by making extensive use of ... The signature card of this deck is Dark Necrofear, a powerful fiend monster ...
... The bridge had two decks, the lower deck for trains and the upper deck for vehicular road traffic ... The connecting roadways and upper deck of the Jackknife Bridge were dismantled in 2004 by MLA Northern Contracting LTD, but the lower deck continues to function as the only rail link to the islands ...
Famous quotes containing the word deck:
“And deck the bananas in leaves
Plucked from the Carib trees,
Fibrous and dangling down,
Oozing cantankerous gum
Out of their purple maws....”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“Think, when we talk of horses, that you see them
Printing their proud hooves i the receiving earth;
For tis your thoughts that now must deck our kings.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“At twenty-two, hed been a cowboy, a rustler, one of the best in the Sprawl.... Hed operated on an almost permanent adrenaline high, a byproduct of youth and proficiency, jacked into a custom cyberspace deck that projected his disembodied consciousness into the consensual hallucination that was the Matrix.”
—William Gibson b. (1948)