- In the 1968 movie "Eat Your Makeup" directed by John Waters, Divine plays Jackie Kennedy in a re-enactment of the JFK Assassination. Waters later said on the Graham Norton show, that the scenes were filmed on his parents home street to the neighbours disgust, as it was shortly after the real assassination had occurred.
- In the 1975 comedy film Rocky Horror Picture Show, Tim Curry's character Dr. Frankenfurter is dressed in a style similar to Onassis' when the main characters first come up to his lab.
- The 1978 film The Greek Tycoon is a fictionalized portrayal of the story of Onassis and her second husband, with the names changed. The Onassis character, under the name of Liz Cassidy, is portrayed by Jacqueline Bisset who also portrayed Onassis in America's Prince. Bisset's clothes were designed by Halston, who was also designing for Onassis at the time.
- The 1989 James Bond film Licence to Kill, when Bond (Timothy Dalton) introduced Pam Bouvier (Carey Lowell) to Q (Desmond Llewelyn), he referred her as "Miss Kennedy". Since Bouvier was the maiden name of Jacqueline Kennedy.
- The 1992 film Love Field, set during (and after) the assassination of the President, a Dallas housewife's life centers around Kennedy's actions. Sooner, she finds herself ruined by the President's assassination in Dallas. The role of Kennedy is played by actress Rhoda Griffis, which is regarded as her breakout role.
- In the 1996 film First Wives Club, the character Shelley buys an expensive Japanese ceramic plate after being told that "Jackie O had one just like it".
- In the 1997 movie The House of Yes, actress Parker Posey played a main character who referred to herself as "Jackie O.", due to her obsession with the First Lady.
- In the 2001 film Riding in Cars with Boys Brittany Murphy's character tells Sara Gilbert's character she looks like Onassis.
- In the 2001 film Legally Blonde, the main character is left by her boyfriend with the following explanation: "If I'm going to be a Senator by the time I'm thirty, well, I need to marry a Jackie, not a Marilyn."
- The 2002 science fiction film Timequest explores what happens to Kennedy after the assassination is prevented, taking on an alternate timeline. Kennedy is one of the main leading roles in this film, and is played by Caprice Benedetti.
- In the 2003 film Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, actress Reese Witherspoon chooses to wear a Jackie Kennedy Onassis inspired dress on her first day working in the U.S. Capital.
- In the 2007 film Hairspray, reference is made to Kennedy's hairstyle where Edna Turnblad says that her hair is "naturally stiff".
Read more about this topic: Cultural Depictions Of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Other articles related to "film reference, film references, film":
... Film reference Tea and Sympathy, North by Northwest (obliquely) 2 ... "Tempered Steele" Robert Butler Michael Gleason October 8, 1982 (1982-10-08) 0903 Laura tackles a case of industrial espionage in a family-o ... Film references Casablanca, The Thin Man 3 ... "Steele Waters Run Deep" Jeff Bleckner Lee David Zlotoff October 22, 1982 (1982-10-22) 2703 A video game genius disappears just before ... Film reference North by Northwest 4 ... "Signed, Steeled, Delivered" Robert Butler Glenn Gordon Caron October 29, 1982 (1982-10-29) 2702 Laura and Steele spend the weekend trying to ...
... Film references Beau Geste, Goldfinger, The Maltese Falcon, To Catch a Thief 2 ... "Lofty Steele" Burt Brinckerhoff Brad Kern October 2, 1984 (1984-10-02) 4703 A ... Film references The Great Escape, Moby Dick (multiple versions) 3 ... "Maltese Steele" Seymour Robbie John Wirth October 16, 1984 (1984-10-16) 4713 Laura and Steele search for a missing body on the ... Film references The Maltese Falcon, The Third Man 4 ... "Second Base Steele" Don Weis Rick Mittleman October 23, 1984 (1984-10-23) 4705 A reunion of high-school ...
... In the film Andrei Rublev, a yurodivy character, "Durochka," is played by director Andrei Tarkovsky's wife Irma Raush ...
... Film references Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Smokey and the Bandit 2 ... "Steele Searching Part 2" Christopher Hibler Michael Gleason October 1, 1985 (1985-10-01) 5702 See Part 1, above ... Film reference The Day of the Jackal 3 ... "Steele Blushing" Alexander Singer John Wirth October 22, 1985 (1985-10-22) 5704 Laura protects a photographer and his ... Guest star Nana Visitor (near the end of the episode) Film reference Hide in Plain Sight 4 ... "Grappling Steele" Don Weis Rick Mittleman October 29, 1985 (1985-10-29) 5709 Laura and Steele are hired to ...
Famous quotes containing the word film:
“I think of horror films as art, as films of confrontation. Films that make you confront aspects of your own life that are difficult to face. Just because youre making a horror film doesnt mean you cant make an artful film.”
—David Cronenberg (b. 1943)