Corinthian refers originally to the port of Corinth in Greece
- Corinthian order, a classical order of ancient Greek and Roman architecture
- Residents or people hailing form the town of Corinth (town), New York
- The League of Corinth, a federation of ancient Greek states
- Several Pauline epistles, books of the New Testament of the Bible:
- First Epistle to the Corinthians
- Second Epistle to the Corinthians
- Third Epistle to the Corinthians (Armenian Orthodox)
- In sport:
- Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, Brazilian professional football club
- Corinthian F.C., a former English amateur football club
- Corinthian-Casuals F.C., English football club formed by Corinthian F.C. and Casuals F.C.
- Corinthian F.C. (Kent), another former English football club, which attempted to emulate the ideals of the Corinthians
- Sport Club Corinthians Alagoano, a professional football club in Brazil named after the other Brazilian club
- Atlético Clube Coríntians, a professional football club in Brazil
- Sport Club Corinthians Paranaense, a professional football club in Brazil
- Esporte Clube Corinthians, a professional football club in Brazil
- Esporte Clube Corinthians de Bataguassu, a professional football club in Brazil
- Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club, a yacht club located in Oyster Bay, New York.
- Corinthians A.F.C. (Isle of Man), a Manx football club
- Galway Corinthians RFC, an Irish rugby club
- Corinthian (comics), a character in The Sandman comics
- The Corinthian (novel), novel by Georgette Heyer
- The Corinthian (New York), a skyscraper in New York City
- The Corinthian helmet, a style of helmet worn by hoplites in classical Greece
- Corinthian leather, a marketing term used by Chrysler
- Corinthian (horse), American racehorse, a 2007 Breeders' Cup winner
- Corinthian bagatelle, occasionally called Corinthians
- Corinthian - the nautical term
Other articles related to "corinthian, corinthians":
... Hall, Gabriel and Ethan Claasen (Series 8) Corinthian McVitie Keogh is the son of Gaz Wilkinson and Janet Keogh ... Although Jonny raises him as his own until his death, Corinthian's paternity is initially uncertain ... Gaz decides not to inform Janet of this, as she sees Corinthian as a reminder of Jonny ...
... In his first year at Cambridge, Walters joined the Corinthian club which had been established two years earlier with a view to giving amateur players the opportunity to ... Arthur made his debut for Corinthian on 13 November 1884, in a 7–1 defeat by Notts Club ... He was unable to take part in the Corinthians tour of northern England in December, but was able to join the Easter tour in which five games were played in six days ...
1898 Corinthian Sheffield United shared 1899 Aston Villa Glasgow side Queens Park shared 1900 Corinthian 1901 Aston Villa 1902 Tottenham Hotspur 1903 Sunderland 1904 Corinthian 1905 The Wednesday 1906 ...
... Whilst at university, he joined his two brothers at Corinthian, making his first appearance on 18 December 1920 playing at wing-half in a 4-2 victory over Brighton and Hove Albion ... back into midfield and ended his career with the Corinthians in November 1934 ... His final appearance for Corinthian came in an FA Cup first round tie against Watford on 24 November 1934, which was lost 2-0 ...
... Corinthian F.C ... and similar can mean Corinthian F.C ... in London from 1882 to 1939 Sport Club Corinthians Paulista, in São Paulo, Brazil Corinthians F.C ...
Famous quotes containing the word corinthian:
“He prayed more deeply for simple selflessness than he had ever prayed beforeand, feeling an uprush of grace in the very intention, shed the night in his heart and called it light. And walking out of the little church he felt confirmed in not only the worth of his whispered prayer but in the realization, as well, that Christ had become man and not some bell-shaped Corinthian column with volutes for veins and a mandala of stone foliage for a heart.”
—Alexander Theroux (b. 1940)