- Roskilde Festival is a music festival held every year in Roskilde west of Copenhagen. Gathering around 130,000 people every year, it is one of the six largest music festivals in Europe.
- Copenhagen Marathon, Copenhagen's annual marathon event.
- Copenhagen Fashion Week takes place every year in February and August. It is the largest fashion event in Northern Europe.
- Copenhagen Carnival takes place every year since 1982 during the Whitsun Holiday in Fælledparken and around the city. 120 bands, 2000 dancers and 100,000 spectators participate.
- Copenhagen Distortion is a youth culture festival capturing the zeitgeist of the city, gathering every year (5 days up to the first weekend of June) up to 100,000 people in the streets, in shops, galleries, clubs, bars, in boats and buses, with a cultural focus on street culture, art and upfront dance music.
- Copenhagen Jazz Festival, which begins on the first Friday in July, is a popular annual event that is the result of Copenhagen's significant jazz scene. The festival takes place throughout the city in streets, squares and parks as well as in cafés and concert halls. It embraces around 900 concerts, 100 venues and over 200,000 guests from Denmark and around the world. It is recognized as one of the leading jazz festivals in the World.
- Copenhagen Pride is a gay pride festival taking place every year in August. Among the events is "Tivoli goes pink" and it ends with a parade.
- Round Christiansborg Open Water Swim Race is a 2 km open water swimming competition taking place each year in late August. This amateur event is combined with a 10 km Danish championship. In 2009 the event included a 10 km FINA World Cup competition in the morning.
- CPH:PIX is Copenhagen's international feature film festival, established in 2009 as a fusion of the 20-year-old Natfilm festival and the 4-year-old CIFF. The CPH:PIX festival takes place in mid-April.
- CPH:DOX is Copenhagen's international documentary film festival, every year in November. On top of its documentary film programme of over 100 films, CPH:DOX includes a wide event programme with dozens of events, concerts, exhibitions and parties all over town.
Other articles related to "events, annual events, event":
... Sports activities and events are also being held year-round ... For this Lugait has been known as the Events Capital town of the province of Misamis Oriental ... Of interest are the annual events starting from the month of November ...
... Each spring, the Stamford Museum Nature Center hosts its antique classic and classic car show featuring automobiles of all makes and models, US as well as imports, manufactured between 1900 and 1979 ... The annual event features a special “focus group” dedicated to a specific brand of car ...
... The first weekend of October a Civil War encampment is held at the site ... Beginning in 1990, this event raises money for the upkeep of the site ...
... Augusta is host to a variety of annual events ... The largest event held in the city each year is the Masters golf tournament bringing in around 250,000 visitors ... Other annual events include the cultural festival Arts in the Heart of Augusta, the Hip hop concert Mayfest, and the arts festival Westobou ...
Famous quotes containing the words events and/or annual:
“Reporters are not paid to operate in retrospect. Because when news begins to solidify into current events and finally harden into history, it is the stories we didnt write, the questions we didnt ask that prove far, far more damaging than the ones we did.”
—Anna Quindlen (b. 1952)
“Every individual necessarily labours to render the annual revenue of the society as great as he can. He generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the publick interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it.... He intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention.”
—Adam Smith (17231790)