Conservation may refer to:
- Conservation movement, to protect animals, fungi, plants and their habitats
- Conservation biology, the science of the protection and management of biodiversity
- Conservation genetics - "an interdisciplinary science that aims to apply genetic methods to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity."
- Conservation (ethic), an ethic of resource use, allocation, and protection, especially of the natural environment
- Conservation organization typically an environmental organization
- Conservationist, a person who advocates for conservation of animals, fungi, plants and their habitats
- Energy conservation, the reduction of non-renewable energy consumption
- Habitat conservation, a land management practice that seeks to conserve, protect and restore, habitat areas for wild animals, fungi and plants
- Water conservation, reducing the use of water to protect the environment
- Wetland conservation, protecting wetlands to conserve their ecological processes
- Wildlife management, multidisciplinary practices, including conservation of species and their habitats
- Conservation authority (Canada)
- Marine conservation, the protection and preservation of ecosystems in oceans and seas
- Soil conservation, management strategies for prevention of soil being eroded from the earth’s surface or becoming chemically altered
- Conservation-restoration, art conservation, protecting works of art, preservation of cultural resources
- Photograph conservation
- Architectural conservation
- Conservation laws, a set of laws in physics
- Conservation of energy
- Other meanings
- Conserved sequence - "similar or identical sequences that may occur within nucleic acid sequences, protein sequences, protein structures or polymeric carbohydrates."
- Conservation (psychology), learning development of logical thinking, according to Jean Piaget
- Conserved name (Latin nomen conservandum), a scientific name with specific nomenclatural protection.
Other articles related to "conservation":
... Other major conservation centres in Indonesia include those at Tanjung Puting National Park and Sebangau National Park in Central Kalimantan, Kutai in East ... In Malaysia, conservation areas include Semenggoh Wildlife Centre in Sarawak and Matang Wildlife Centre also in Sarawak, and the Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary near Sandakan in Sabah ... Major conservation centres that are headquartered outside of the orangutan's home countries include Orangutan Foundation International, which was founded by Birutė Galdikas, and the Australian Orangutan Project ...
... University President of FOSUMS - Friends Of Sunderland Museum The Conservation Foundation, UK The Wildlife Trusts partnership The Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country Durham Wildlife Trust Population ...
... The National Council for the Conservation of Plants and Gardens (NCCPG), also known as Plant Heritage, is a botanical conservation organisation in the United Kingdom and a registered charity ... are to encourage the propagation and conservation of endangered garden plants in the British Isles, both species and cultivars encourage and conduct research into cultivated plants, their origins, their historical ... The NCCPG works closely with other conservation bodies as well as botanic gardens, the National Trust, the National Trust for Scotland, English Heritage, the ...
... It is of international conservation importance for its geomorphology, plant and invertebrate communities and birdlife ... This is recognised and protected mostly through its conservation designations as a National Nature Reserve (NNR), a Special Protection Area (SPA), a Special Area of Conservation (SAC) and part of the Site of ...
... cristata are covered under the Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds (AEWA) ... Parties to the Agreement are required to engage in a wide range of conservation strategies described in a detailed action plan ... to address key issues such as species and habitat conservation, management of human activities, research, education, and implementation ...
Famous quotes containing the word conservation:
“A country grows in history not only because of the heroism of its troops on the field of battle, it grows also when it turns to justice and to right for the conservation of its interests.”
—Aristide Briand (18621932)
“The putting into force of laws which shall secure the conservation of our resources, as far as they may be within the jurisdiction of the Federal Government, including the more important work of saving and restoring our forests and the great improvement of waterways, are all proper government functions which must involve large expenditure if properly performed.”
—William Howard Taft (18571930)