In order to serve in the GCP the candidate must meet the following requirements-
- To belong to a regiment of the 11th Parachute Brigade (11e Brigade Parachutiste)
- To have done a number of years of active service in the French armed forces
- To be medically fit to parachute jump and thus acquiring the following qualifications: TAP et Chuteurs Opérationnels.
S I G Y C O P (Troupes Aéroportées)
2 1 2 3 3 2 1
S I G Y C O P (Chuteurs Opérationnels)
2 1 2 3 2 2 1
- To be adept whilst out in the field (more than four months of experience of operational exercises (OPEX) or operational experience).
- To have a security clearance
- To hold the rank of at least corporal
- To pass Pre-Selection, which consists of:
- 2 rope climbs carrying full fighting order
- A swim in combat fatigues that includes underwater tests and 5 meter rope climb from the water; depending on mother regiment this may be in rough winter seas.
- An obstacle course to be completed under a set time.
- An orientation/navigation test to be completed under a set time.
- A 30 km TAP in full fighting order to be completed under a set time with record held by CCH Pelham of 2REP GCP in 2hrs 28 min
- 1500m and 8000m runs in full fighting order to be completed under set times.
- Unarmed combat skills and aggression tests including 'milling' a type of no rules boxing.
- An interview and general skills testing with current serving members of the GCP
- To pass the physically and mentally demanding Brevet Niveaux 1 et 2 du Centre National d'Entraînement Commando (The National Commando Training Centre) (CNEC) at Mont-Louis
- To pass the 'Chuteur Opérationnel' de l'ETAP course (stage 55 501 SOGH) that lasts three months.
When the candidate has passed all of these tests he is now able to serve within one of the teams of the GCP.
Read more about this topic: Commando Parachute Group
Other articles related to "selection":
... of Varieties and Species by Natural Means of Selection is the title of a joint presentation of two scientific papers to the Linnean Society of London on 1 July 1858 On The Tendency of Varieties ... the first announcement of the Darwin – Wallace theory of evolution by natural selection the papers appeared in print on 20 August 1858 ... condensed "abstract" of his "big book" on Natural Selection ...
... Over 600 GLAAD Media Award voters particiapte in the selection of Honorees from the pool of Nominees in each category via online balloting ...
... the merit plan, or some variation) is a method for the selection of judges ... If the governor does not make a selection within sixty days, the commission makes the selection ...
... Distinct from patterns of selection are mechanisms of selection for example, disruptive selection often is the result of disassortative sexual selection, and balancing ...
... The online public selection of Focus on the Family in 2008 caused some gay rights leaders to protest the induction ceremony in Chicago on November 8, 2008 ... He lampoons the fact that the entire nomination and selection process appears to be controlled by one man, Bruce DuMont, who is also the sole authority appointing the selection panel ...
Famous quotes containing the word selection:
“Historians will have to face the fact that natural selection determined the evolution of cultures in the same manner as it did that of species.”
—Konrad Lorenz (19031989)
“Every writer is necessarily a criticthat is, each sentence is a skeleton accompanied by enormous activity of rejection; and each selection is governed by general principles concerning truth, force, beauty, and so on.... The critic that is in every fabulist is like the icebergnine-tenths of him is under water.”
—Thornton Wilder (18971975)
“It is the highest and most legitimate pride of an Englishman to have the letters M.P. written after his name. No selection from the alphabet, no doctorship, no fellowship, be it of ever so learned or royal a society, no knightship,not though it be of the Garter,confers so fair an honour.”
—Anthony Trollope (18151882)