Several pieces of CAGY equipment have been preserved and put on display:
- Baldwin locomotive #601 is on display in front of the Columbus & Greenville shops in Columbus, MS.
- Baldwin locomotive #606 "City of Moorhead" is on display at the Illinois Railway Museum.
- Caboose #500 is on display in Winona, MS next to the train depot downtown.
- Caboose #503 is on display in Propst Park in Columbus, MS along with some C&G passenger coaches and a GM&O steam locomotive.
- Caboose #506 is in downtown Kosciusko, MS.
- Caboose #508 is in front of a doctor's office in Greenwood, MS.
Read more about this topic: Columbus And Greenville Railway
Famous quotes containing the word preservation:
“Men are not therefore put to death, or punished for that their theft proceedeth from election; but because it was noxious and contrary to mens preservation, and the punishment conducing to the preservation of the rest, inasmuch as to punish those that do voluntary hurt, and none else, frameth and maketh mens wills such as men would have them.”
—Thomas Hobbes (15791688)
“The preservation of health is a duty. Few seem conscious that there is such a thing as physical morality.”
—Herbert Spencer (18201903)
“It is my hope to be able to prove that television is the greatest step forward we have yet made in the preservation of humanity. It will make of this Earth the paradise we have all envisioned, but have never seen.”
—Joseph ODonnell. Clifford Sanforth. Professor James Houghland, Murder by Television, just before he demonstrates his new television device (1935)