Research and Advancements
- Development of a human-like face for Cog (complete).
- Obtaining major degrees of motor freedom in trunk (complete), head (complete), arms (complete), legs, and a flexible spine.
- Sight (through video cameras that respond to movement; complete).
- Hearing, touch, vocalization system, and hands.
- Allowing Cog to learn how its own movements alter its sensory inputs.
- Forcing Cog to take energy efficiency into account during movements.
Read more about this topic: Cog (project)
Famous quotes containing the words research and and/or research:
“I did my research and decided I just had to live it.”
—Karina OMalley, U.S. sociologist and educator. As quoted in the Chronicle of Higher Education, p. A5 (September 16, 1992)
“If politics is the art of the possible, research is surely the art of the soluble. Both are immensely practical-minded affairs.”
—Peter B. Medawar (19151987)