Other examples of encoding include:
- Encoding (in cognition) is a basic perceptual process of interpreting incoming stimuli; technically speaking, it is a complex, multi-stage process of converting relatively objective sensory input (e.g., light, sound) into subjectively meaningful experience.
- A content format is a specific encoding format for converting a specific type of data to information.
- Text encoding uses a markup language to tag the structure and other features of a text to facilitate processing by computers. (See also Text Encoding Initiative.)
- Semantics encoding of formal language A in formal language B is a method of representing all terms (e.g. programs or descriptions) of language A using language B.
- Electronic encoding transforms a signal into a code optimized for transmission or storage, generally done with a codec.
- Neural encoding is the way in which information is represented in neurons.
- Memory encoding is the process of converting sensations into memories.
- Television encoding: NTSC, PAL and SECAM
Other examples of decoding include:
- Digital-to-analog converter, the use of analog circuit for decoding operations
- Decoding (Computer Science)
- Decoding methods, methods in communication theory for decoding codewords sent over a noisy channel
- Digital signal processing, the study of signals in a digital representation and the processing methods of these signals
- Word decoding, the use of phonics to decipher print patterns and translate them into the sounds of language
Read more about this topic: Code
Other articles related to "example, examples, other examples":
... For example, a shop might give away its stock in its promotion, but producing these goods would still have required the use of scarce resources ... Examples include ideas and works that are reproducible at zero cost, or almost zero cost ... For example, if someone invents a new device, many people could copy this invention, with no danger of this "resource" running out ...
... appropriate to the supposed lyrics, for example showing four cans of tuna for "O Fortuna" Soramimi transcription is also commonly used in animutations for comic effect ...
... For example, an acronym is a word formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term (as radar) ... In the examples ananym and metanym, the correct forms (anonym and metonym) were pre-occupied by other meanings ... Other, late 20th century examples, such as hypernym and characternym, are typically incorrectly formed neologisms for which there are more traditional ...
... Tatira has given a number of examples of proverbs used in advertising in Zimbabwe ... However, unlike the examples given above in English, all of which are anti-proverbs, Tatira's examples are standard proverbs ... potential customer smile, in one of the Zimbabwean examples "both the content of the proverb and the fact that it is phrased as a proverb secure the idea of a secure time-honored relationship between the company ...
... though /oʊ/ as in toe (other examples dough) tough /ʌf/ as in cuff (other examples rough, enough) cough /ɒf/ as in off (other examples Gough (name, some pronunciations)) hiccough (a now uncommon ...
Famous quotes containing the word examples:
“It is hardly to be believed how spiritual reflections when mixed with a little physics can hold peoples attention and give them a livelier idea of God than do the often ill-applied examples of his wrath.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)
“No rules exist, and examples are simply life-savers answering the appeals of rules making vain attempts to exist.”
—André Breton (18961966)