Care Co-ordination Network UK (CCNUK)No longer exists but was a networking organisation promoting and supporting care co-ordination or key working, for disabled children and their families in the United Kingdom. CCNUK was a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, its head office used to be in York
The CCNUK mission was to work in partnership with disabled children, their families and professionals, to ensure that all families across the UK have access to high quality care co-ordination or key worker services.
CCNUK developed its work to achieve the following six strategic objectives:
- to promote the model of key working for disabled children and their families at both a policy and practice level;
- to provide information to the families of disabled children, to professional and academic bodies, service providers and commissioners;
- to provide training to new and established key worker services;
- to contribute to and support research on key working for disabled children and their families, and to look at ways of supporting the implementation of key findings from research;
- to develop the participation of young disabled people and their families, including families and young people from black and minority ethnic communities;
- to manage Care Co-ordination Network UK effectively.
Famous quotes containing the words network and/or care:
“Of what use, however, is a general certainty that an insect will not walk with his head hindmost, when what you need to know is the play of inward stimulus that sends him hither and thither in a network of possible paths?”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)
“Babies dont need fathers, but mothers do. Someone who is taking care of a baby needs to be taken care of.”
—Amy Heckerling (20th century)