- ‘’’D.A.R.E.’’’ - the D.A.R.E. program is taught to elementary (5th grade) and middle school (7th grade) students throughout Calcasieu Parish and is designed to teach young people a decision making model that will result in skills to assist them in making informed decisions when it relates to resisting drugs and violence.
Each year, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office D.A.R.E. Program reaches approximately 1,500 5th grade students and 1,000 middle school students.
- ‘’’Junior Deputy Program’’’ – this nine week program is for students ranging from ages 8 – 11 throughout the parish and has been developed to provide general information as it pertains to law enforcement and other local government agencies. Several field trips are provided during the program, including a tour of CPSO jail facilities which allows the students to see incarceration in an entirely different manner, and allow students the opportunity to get first-hand information.
- ‘’’School Crossing Guards’’’ – Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office School Crossing Guards are assigned to schools in the morning and afternoon throughout the parish to ensure our children who walk to school get to and from school safely. The crossing guard has a primary duty of safely assisting students in crossing streets by traffic direction or diversion.
- ’’’Elderly Services‘’’ – are involved in the daily lives and social functions of the older citizens in our community and provide preventive services to help eliminate some of the fears they experience.
Current projects include: TRIAD - Partnership between AARP, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office, the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney's Office and the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury to work together in the reduction of crime, victimization to senior citizens and to reduce the fear of crime among the elderly.
Elderly Victims of Crime - Designed to assist seniors that have been victims of crime deal with the aftermath of victimization. This assistance could be in the form of advocacy for services our community offers seniors limited monetary assistance when finances have been totally removed, due to a crime or providing a personal contact with the Sheriff's Office to assist a senior with specific needs.
Senior Fun Day - This is an annual event designed especially for our seniors to offer a day full of fun and education. Special speakers are invited to discuss issues that are of importance to our area seniors.
- '’’Criminal ID/Records’’’ – responsible for submitting, reviewing, maintaining and overseeing criminal records which include rap sheets; offense/incident reports; statements; attachments; and any other documents pertaining to criminal records. Collects and submits the required monthly statistical (LIBURS/UCR) report to the State of Louisiana.
This division is responsible for obtaining fingerprints and background checks for many different purposes.
Other articles related to "programs, program":
... UA offers programs of study in 13 academic divisions leading to bachelor's, master's, Education Specialist, and doctoral degrees ... Other academic programs unavailable elsewhere in Alabama include doctoral programs in anthropology, library and information studies, metallurgical engineering, music, Romance languages ... The University of Alabama varsity football program (nicknamed the Crimson Tide), which began in 1892, is one the most successful programs in history ...
... Excuse Me Please is one of the oldest shows of this channel ... Its title song has been sung by popular playback singer Harshdeep Kaur ...
... organic garden, reduced landfill waste and water consumption, and implemented a program of purchasing renewable resources for renovations ...
... The cooperative education programs, which place students for up to three semesters in workplaces pertaining to their field of study, are unique to the campus in the University of Toronto ... Joint programs with Centennial College, that award both a university degree and a college diploma, are offered in journalism, new media, paramedicine, industrial microbiology, and environmental science ... Four departments of the campus contain programs that award a Bachelor of Arts degree ...
Famous quotes containing the word programs:
“Government ... thought [it] could transform the country through massive national programs, but often the programs did not work. Too often they only made things worse. In our rush to accomplish great deeds quickly, we trampled on sound principles of restraint and endangered the rights of individuals.”
—Gerald R. Ford (b. 1913)
“Short of a wholesale reform of college athleticsa complete breakdown of the whole system that is now focused on money and powerthe womens programs are just as doomed as the mens are to move further and further away from the academic mission of their colleges.... We have to decide if thats the kind of success for womens sports that we want.”
—Christine H. B. Grant, U.S. university athletic director. As quoted in the Chronicle of Higher Education, p. A42 (May 12, 1993)
“There is a delicate balance of putting yourself last and not being a doormat and thinking of yourself first and not coming off as selfish, arrogant, or bossy. We spend the majority of our lives attempting to perfect this balance. When we are successful, we have many close, healthy relationships. When we are unsuccessful, we suffer the natural consequences of damaged and sometimes broken relationships. Children are just beginning their journey on this important life lesson.”
—Cindy L. Teachey. Building Lifelong RelationshipsSchool Age Programs at Work, Child Care Exchange (January 1994)