Bucks may refer to:
- Bucks, Alabama, United States
- Buckinghamshire, England, UK, after which the following are named:
- Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States
- Bucks Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States
- Milwaukee Bucks, a team in the National Basketball Association
- Laredo Bucks, a team in the Central Hockey League
- Michigan Bucks, a soccer team playing in the USL Premier Development League
- Waterloo Bucks, a baseball team playing in the summer-collegiate Northwoods League
- Nathan Buckley, retired Australian rules footballer
- Ohio State Buckeyes ("the Bucks"), intercollegiate sports teams of the Ohio State University
- Buck's night, Australian term for bachelor party
- Beta Upsilon Chi, a Christian fraternity that has adopted letters BYX, pronounced "bucks"
- Buck's Club, London
- Buck's Fizz (cocktail), an alcoholic mixed drink
- Bucks Fizz (band), a United Kingdom band
- United States dollar, American slang for dollars.
Other articles related to "bucks":
... He played for the Milwaukee Bucks during his brief NBA career ... was selected with the 16th pick in the 2nd round of the 1970 NBA Draft by the Milwaukee Bucks ... He played 53 games for the Bucks in 1970-71, averaging 2.2 points, 0.9 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game, shooting 36.3% from the field and 55.6% from the free throw line ...
... Upon his arrival at the New Bucks Head, he was named as the club's new skipper, after former captain Steve Pope had departed ... the 2007–08 season was a huge success for the Bucks, as they finished second in their new league, narrowly missing out on a second successive promotion after losing in the play-offs to ... injury saw him lose his grip on the Bucks' captaincy to Stuart Whitehead, limiting him to just four appearances at the start of the new season ...
... The second installment of Bayou Bucks will be in production throughout the fall of 2008 and 2009, and is scheduled to be released during the fall of 2010 ... Unlike Season I which is for sale predominantly in Louisiana, the second season of Bayou Bucks will be available commercially throughout the entire ...
... The Milwaukee Bucks are an American professional basketball franchise based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin ... The Bucks are owned by Herb Kohl, with John Hammond as their general manager ... was formed in 1968, there have been 11 head coaches for the Bucks franchise ...
... Bucks is located at 31°1′7.72″N 88°1′27.07″W / 31.0188111°N 88.0241861°W / 31.0188111 -88.0241861Coordinates 31°1′7.72″N 88°1′27.07″W / 31.0188111°N 88.0241861°W / 31.01881 ...
Famous quotes containing the word bucks:
“To deny the need for comprehensive child care policies is to deny a realitythat theres been a revolution in American life. Grandma doesnt live next door anymore, Mom doesnt work just because shed like a few bucks for the sugar bowl.”
—Editorial, The New York Times (September 6, 1983)
“Fat black bucks in a wine-barrel room,
Barrel-house kings, with feet unstable,
Sagged and reeled and pounded on the table,
Pounded on the table,
Beat an empty barrel with the handle of a broom,
Hard as they were able,”
—Vachel Lindsay (18791931)
“Im a very smart guy. I havent a feeling or a scruple in the world. All I have the itch for is money. I am so money greedy that for twenty-five bucks a day and expenses, mostly gasoline and whisky, I do my thinking myself, what there is of it; I risk my whole future, the hatred of the cops ... I dodge bullets and eat saps, and say thank you very much, if you have any more trouble, I hope youll think of me, Ill just leave one of my cards in case anything comes up.”
—Raymond Chandler (18881959)