Notable Alumnae or Faculty
- Julia Randall, BMS 1941, American poet
- Esther Boise Van Deman, BMS Classics faculty, archaeologist
- Edith Hamilton, Headmistress 1896–1922. Author of The Greek Way (1930)
- M. Carey Thomas, Bryn Mawr School founder, and Dean and later President of Bryn Mawr College
- Mary Elizabeth Garrett, Bryn Mawr School founder, whose philanthropy was also fundamental in the support of Bryn Mawr College and the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Margaret Barker, BMS 1926, actress (an original member of The Group Theatre, 1931).
- Mildred Natwick, BMS 1924, actress.
- Eleanor Phelps, BMS 1924, actress.
- Bess Armstrong, BMS 1971, actress.
- Nancy Soderberg, BMS 1974, foreign policy strategist and author.
- Millicent Carey McIntosh, BMS 1916, Headmistress of The Brearley School for 17 years and the first married female President of a Seven Sisters College, serving at Barnard College from 1947 to 1962.
- Kisha Ford, BMS 1993, WNBA player.
- Margo Lion, BMS 1962, award winning Broadway producer.
- Leonie Gilmour, BMS 1891, writer.
- Marcella Boveri, teacher of science 1885-1887.
Read more about this topic: Bryn Mawr School
Famous quotes containing the words faculty and/or notable:
“It is the true office of history to represent the events themselves, together with the counsels, and to leave the observations and conclusions thereupon to the liberty and faculty of every mans judgement.”
—Francis Bacon (15611626)
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)