Breaking may refer to:
- Breaking (martial arts), a martial arts skill
- Breaking (dancing) (or b-boying), a street dance style
- Breaking Bad - TV series
- Breaking Benjamin - a post grunge rock band
- Vowel breaking, a historical linguistics term
- Breakin', a 1984 movie
- "Breakin'... There's No Stopping Us", a song by Ollie & Jerry from the Breakin' soundtrack
- Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
- "Breakin'" (song) from The Music's Welcome to the North
- "Breaking" (song), a song by the band Anberlin off their album New Surrender
- "Breaking" (album), an album by American singer-songwriter Brian Larsen
- Horse breaking
- Sabbath breaking
- Supersymmetry breaking
- Soft SUSY breaking
- Sequence breaking
- Ship breaking
- Strike breaking
- Breaking news
Breaking may also be used for:
- Spring breaking, the act of vacationing on spring break
- Use of break (music)
Other articles related to "breaking":
... Broken up May 1816 Imogen 11 July 1805 Sold for breaking on 3 April 1817 Nightingale 29 July 1805 Sold for breaking 23 November 1815 Savage 30 July 1805 Sold for ...
... used by the pharmaceutical industry to test the breaking point and structural integrity of a tablet "under conditions of storage, transportation, and handling before usage" The breaking point ... The tablet breaking force was based on arbitrary units referred to as Strong-Cobbs ...
... Breaking the Wall of Silence (BWS) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) in Windhoek, Namibia ... It is named after Siegfried Groth's book Namibia – Breaking the Wall of Silence, and was formed at the occasion of the book's release in 1996 ...
... Critical reception of Breaking Dawn was mixed ... wrote, "First, since there's a lot of one-star reviews up on Amazon, let me say up front I loved Breaking Dawn." Cara von Wrangel Kinsey of School Library Journal responded with a positive review ... An article in The Daily News Tribune said of Breaking Dawn, "Some of the dialog is a bit stilted.. ...
... device or accessory can safely lift, suspend, or lower without fear of breaking ... Usually marked on the equipment by the manufacturer and is often 1/5 of the Minimum Breaking Strength (MBS) although other fractions may be used such as 1/4, 1/6 and 1/10 Other ... to make the lifting equipment fail or yield, also known as the Minimum Breaking Load (MBL) ...
Famous quotes containing the word breaking:
“Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting.”
—Sun Tzu (65th century B.C.)
“With their ever breaking newness
And their courage to be new.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“[T]here is no breaking out of the intentional vocabulary by explaining its members in other terms.”
—Willard Van Orman Quine (b. 1908)