Bound may refer to:
- The Rough Bounds, in Scotland
- Upper and lower bounds, observed limits of mathematical functions
- Terms or bounds, segments of each astrological sign that are said to have different ruling planets
- Bound state, in physics
- Bounds checking, in computer programming
- In law, parties can be bound to an enforceable contract
- Beating the bounds, checking all the way round the boundaries of an area (such as a town or parish)
- Bound, a descriptor of a book that has gone through the bookbinding process
- Edward McKendree Bounds, a Methodist minister and author of books chiefly on prayer
- Bound up, a physical restraint technique.
- To walk with a spring in one's step.
- Bound (car), British 4 wheeled cyclecar made in 1920
- Bound Bar, a bar in Paris.
- Bound (film), a 1996 film by the Wachowskis
- "Bound" (Star Trek: Enterprise), a fourth season episode of Star Trek: Enterprise
- "Bound", a Song from Rusted Angel by Darkane
- The Bound(s) another name for the race called Bount(s) in the anime Bleach.
- "Bound" (Fringe), an episode of the television series Fringe
Other articles related to "bound":
... Find an upper bound for where is the upper half-circle with radius traversed once in the counterclockwise direction ... of a circle with radius a, hence Next we seek an upper bound M for the integrand when ... The resulting bound is ...
... In coding theory, the Gilbert–Varshamov bound (due to Edgar Gilbert and independently Rom Varshamov) is a limit on the parameters of a (not necessarily linear) code ... It is occasionally known as the Gilbert–Shannon–Varshamov bound (or the GSV bound), but the name "Gilbert–Varshamov bound" is by far the most popular ... Varshamov proved this bound by using the probabilistic method for linear code ...
... Unlike the Oresteia, only one play from this trilogy—Prometheus Bound—survives ... Inasmuch as the authorship of Prometheus Bound continues to be debated, the very existence of a Prometheus trilogy is uncertain ... consensus holds that it comprised Prometheus Bound, Prometheus Unbound, and Prometheus the Fire-Bringer, in that order ...
... Route Number Destination / Description Coode Street (south-east bound) 48 to Esplanade Busport via Guildford Road 98 CircleRoute to Fremantle railway ...
... The western platform (Glasgow bound) is the original one ... a turntable just to the south of the station on the east (Motherwell bound track) ... The "shadow" of the ramps can be seen on the Glasgow bound platform wall ...
Famous quotes containing the word bound:
“The only way to spend New Years Eve is either quietly with friends or in a brothel. Otherwise when the evening ends and people pair off, someone is bound to be left in tears.”
—W.H. (Wystan Hugh)
“The roaring alongside he takes for granted,
and that every so often the world is bound to shake.
He runs, he runs to the south, finical, awkward,
in a state of controlled panic, a student of Blake.”
—Elizabeth Bishop (19111979)
“It is only a transjectus, a transitory voyage, like life itself, none but the long-lived gods bound up or down the stream.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)