Bound may refer to:
- The Rough Bounds, in Scotland
- Upper and lower bounds, observed limits of mathematical functions
- Terms or bounds, segments of each astrological sign that are said to have different ruling planets
- Bound state, in physics
- Bounds checking, in computer programming
- In law, parties can be bound to an enforceable contract
- Beating the bounds, checking all the way round the boundaries of an area (such as a town or parish)
- Bound, a descriptor of a book that has gone through the bookbinding process
- Edward McKendree Bounds, a Methodist minister and author of books chiefly on prayer
- Bound up, a physical restraint technique.
- To walk with a spring in one's step.
- Bound (car), British 4 wheeled cyclecar made in 1920
- Bound Bar, a bar in Paris.
- Bound (film), a 1996 film by the Wachowskis
- "Bound" (Star Trek: Enterprise), a fourth season episode of Star Trek: Enterprise
- "Bound", a Song from Rusted Angel by Darkane
- The Bound(s) another name for the race called Bount(s) in the anime Bleach.
- "Bound" (Fringe), an episode of the television series Fringe
Other articles related to "bound":
... Unlike the Oresteia, only one play from this trilogy—Prometheus Bound—survives ... Inasmuch as the authorship of Prometheus Bound continues to be debated, the very existence of a Prometheus trilogy is uncertain ... the consensus holds that it comprised Prometheus Bound, Prometheus Unbound, and Prometheus the Fire-Bringer, in that order ...
... The western platform (Glasgow bound) is the original one ... There was a turntable just to the south of the station on the east (Motherwell bound track) ... The "shadow" of the ramps can be seen on the Glasgow bound platform wall ...
... Find an upper bound for where is the upper half-circle with radius traversed once in the counterclockwise direction ... of a circle with radius a, hence Next we seek an upper bound M for the integrand when ... The resulting bound is ...
... In coding theory, the Gilbert–Varshamov bound (due to Edgar Gilbert and independently Rom Varshamov) is a limit on the parameters of a (not necessarily linear) code ... It is occasionally known as the Gilbert–Shannon–Varshamov bound (or the GSV bound), but the name "Gilbert–Varshamov bound" is by far the most popular ... Varshamov proved this bound by using the probabilistic method for linear code ...
... Route Number Destination / Description Coode Street (south-east bound) 48 to Esplanade Busport via Guildford Road 98 CircleRoute to Fremantle railway ...
Famous quotes containing the word bound:
“I am bound to tell what I am told, but not in every case to believe it.”
—Herodotus (c. 484424 B.C.)
“Affection, indulgence, and humor alike are powerless against the instinct of children to rebel. It is essential to their minds and their wills as exercise is to their bodies. If they have no reasons, they will invent them, like nations bound on war. It is hard to imagine families limp enough always to be at peace. Wherever there is character there will be conflict. The best that children and parents can hope for is that the wounds of their conflict may not be too deep or too lasting.”
—New York State Division of Youth Newsletter (20th century)
you know that Tree of Love,
its roots bound in long affection
and tended with respect?
No one heard it falling.”
—Hla Stavhana (c. 50 A.D.)