Currently available CD re-releases in the UK.
- Laughter with a Bang +bonus tracks from 1001 Gelignites (CD BBCD01) (2003) Label: Topic Records
- TNT for Two +bonus tracks from Hunting and Shooting stories (CD BBSV17) (2003) Label : Big Ben / Tangent
- Watch out for the bits +bonus tracks from Gelly Babe (CD BVBSV16) (2002) Label : Big Ben
- Blastermind +bonus tracks from Lift off (CD BBSV18) (2007) Label: Big Ben / Tangent
Original LP & Cassette Releases Label - Big Ben
- Vol1 Laughter with a bang BB00.01/BBMC1 Mono 1967
- Vol2 1001 Gelignites BB00.03/BBMC3 Mono 1968
- Vol3 TNT for Two BB00.05/BBMC5 Mono 1969
- Vol4 Watch out for the bits BB00.07/BBMC7 Mono 1971
- Vol5 Lift-off BB00.09/BBMC9 Stereo 1973
- Vol6 Gelly Babe BB00.11/BBMC11 Stereo 1975
- Vol7 Blastermind BB00.13/BBMC13 Stereo 1980
- Vol8 Hunting and Shooting stories BB00.15/BBMC15 Stereo 1984
- Stand Well Back (VHS Video, PAL format, UK only) - live on stage
Other known recordings
- Dunlop footwear Promo, extracts from Lift-off on Flexi-disk, given away at stand 36, Harrogate 1978.
- Blast it, (Cassette only) compilation.
- Blaster Bates with Redditch Controls, Marston Paxman and Norgren at the Stratford Hilton.
- Recorded March 1977 and given away as Christmas gift to Imperial Metal Industries staff and customers (Label - Tangent).
- Blaster Bates at Huntingdon hall 4 October 2003.
- The Master Blaster. Simon Schuster. 1994. ISBN 0-671-71386-8.
BBC TV Appearances or Contributions
- 24 Hours 08-March-1966 LCA7927J.
- Nelson's Pillar in Dublin blown up, after the top was blown off by the IRA. Reporter Alan Whicker. Compilation on demolition.
- It takes all sorts 13-03-1967 19SX8562.
- Blaster talks about his career. Includes many of his amusing anecdotes. Interviewer: John Hosken.
- Now aged 43. Got into demolition by accident. In RAF during the war & learned about explosives there. Now blows up all sorts of things:
- "I've got a touch like a bloody midwife".
- Art of getting chimneys to drop in exactly the right place.
- Has blown himself up - was playing about.
- Has put rockets on the back of a motorcycle.
- Look North 14-Dec-1970 A:RNL5186T.
- Blaster talks to David Seymour about his career and about how many chimneys he's blown up.
- Nationwide 25-March-1974 A:LCA3413R.
- Blaster demolishes three chimneys.
- Old factory chimney, camera pans from l to 2 others.
- Blaster arrives, Danger Demolition signs.
- Crowd watch.
- Blaster retreats.
- Blast & 1st chimney falls.
- Crowd reaction.
- Blaster & assistant run from behind stack.
- Blast & it falls neatly behind wall.
- Look Stranger - The world of Blaster Bates 06-May-1974 LGF6321T.
- Film about Derek 'Blaster Bates' one of England's leading professional destroyers, who travels the country blasting chimneys, bridges & redundant factories, clearing trenches & canals; he is also a comedian using experience as a blaster.
- The Fivepenny Piece Show 11-May-1979 NMRD805R.
- An Outside Broadcast concert from the Poco-a-Poco Theatre Club in Stockport. Fivepenny Piece sing some of their own songs with Blaster as special guest.
- Nationwide 17-March-1983 D:LCAC311E.
- Hugh Scully reports on how Blaster makes a living by blowing up chimneys.
- News 30-Sept-1983 ANBC773T.
- Blaster demolished a chimney which has been part of Sheffield skyline since 1870.
- Sheffield: ms chimney with group of people standing nearby.
- Man starts dominoes falling on model of chimney, the dominos set off some gelignite which demolished model chimney.
- Actual chimney being demolished.
- Look North 30-Sept-1983 RNLF739L,
- John Thirlwell reports from Sheffield where a former BSC chimney is being demolished for an extension to Whitbread's brewery.
- from chimney, Bridge Street, Sheffield to marquee.
- Inside of marquee with Michael Cairney preparing dominoes.
- Blaster explaining charges & spectator.
- Blaster saying he does not like dominoes.
- Dominoes falling in chair & igniting.
- Chimney falls.
- Pebble Mill at One 25-Oct-1985 E:NBMH111D.
- Josephine Buchan talks to Blaster about the 75th Anniversary of the motorbike & the present exhibition at the NEC.
- Windmill-House and home 03-Nov-1985 LCHE133D.
- Demolition montage and clip of a Blaster after dinner speech.
- Look North 25-Nov-1985 RNLH348L.
- Ken Cooper reports from Sharlston where Blaster demolished a large chimney - including interview with Blaster.
- Gosling's Ganders 15-May-1987 RNWC738D.
- Ray Gosling meets Blaster at Sandbach & explodes marsh land to make a pond. Blaster tells jokes and clip from The Fivepenny Piece Show.
- Coast to Coast - Wild boars, a shooting star and a Norman knight 27-Feb-1998 NMYK291D.
Read more about this topic: Blaster Bates
Other articles related to "recording, recordings":
... The International Standard Recording Code (ISRC), defined by ISO 3901, is an international standard code for uniquely identifying sound recordings and music video recordings ... Note that an ISRC code identifies a particular recording, not the work itself ... Therefore, different recordings, edits, and remixes of the same work will each have their own ISRC code ...
... Gaisberg, by then working as a piano accompanist and recording supervisor for Emile Berliner, left New York for London to join the Gramophone Company as its first recording engineer ... He landed in Liverpool with recording outfit, a $25 bicycle and introductions and instructions from Berliner ... Among his first recordings in London were several made by Syria Lamonte, an Australian singer working at Rules Restaurant in Maiden Lane ...
... establishing himself as the premier trombonist in the booming recording industry and in 1954 he was voted the "New Star" trombonist in the ... with an agility that was not shown by these previous trombonists in their recordings ... He was voted "Most Valuable Player" several times by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences ...
... sung by some of the most famous interpreters of Calaf appear on the following compilation recordings ... For full-length recordings of the opera, see Turandot discography.) The Very Best of Beniamino Gigli (EMI Classics) The Very Best of Jussi Björling (EMI Classics) Richard Tucker in Recital (Co ...
... Eddy made more than 290 recordings between 1935 and 1964, singing songs from his films, plus opera, folk songs, popular songs, Gilbert and Sullivan, and traditional arias ... Eddy's recordings drew rave reviews during the 1930s and 1940s, but it is a special tribute to his vocal technique that he continued to rate them into the 1960s ... Proof is his newest recording on the Everest label, ‘Of Girls I Sing’ ...
Famous quotes containing the word recordings:
“All radio is dead. Which means that these tape recordings Im making are for the sake of future history. If any.”
—Barré Lyndon (18961972)