Allegations of Violence
Prior to Operation Motor City Mafia and shortly after its commencement, there were numerous acts of violence alleged to have been committed by BMF members:
- November 11, 2003: Demetrius was arrested in connection with the Buckhead-area shooting deaths at club Chaos of Anthony "Wolf" Jones, former bodyguard of P. Diddy, and Wolf's childhood friend, Lamont "Riz" Girdy. However, Demetrius was shot in the buttocks and claimed self-defense he was subsequently never indicted.
- July 25, 2004: At a midtown Atlanta club called the Velvet Room, a man named Rashannibal "Prince" Drummond was killed. The incident began after alleged 3rd-in-command of BMF, Flemming "Ill" Daniels, nearly backed into Drummond in his Porsche Cayenne Turbo. After Drummond hit the car to alert the driver, the passengers of the car got out and began beating Drummond and his friends. During the fight, a friend of Drummond's fired a warning shot to scare everyone off; Daniels allegedly retrieved his gun, returned fire, then walked over to Drummond and executed him on the ground.
- September 2004: Ulysses Hackett and girlfriend Misty Carter were executed in their Highland Avenue apartment in Atlanta. Police say the murders were ordered by Tremayne "Kiki" Graham, then son-in-law of Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin and alleged associate of BMF. They claimed Ulysses was thinking of testifying against BMF and Graham, growing suspicious, ordered their murder.
- May 10, 2005: Henry "Pookie Loc" Clark was killed by rapper Gucci Mane after an attempted robbery of the rapper by Clark and four other men. The five men attacked Mane in the apartment of a stripper he met earlier that day, but Mane was armed and managed to fire at the attackers, hitting Clark. The incident occurred during a feud between Mane and rapper Young Jeezy, a good friend of Demetrius Flenory. Mane was later cleared of the murder charges due to acting in self-defense, but his lawyers alleged the five men were ordered by BMF to commit the robbery.
- May 11, 2005: A fugitive named Deron Gatling was located by a regional drug task force in Chamblee, Georgia. Task force agents found Gatling behind insulation in the attic; at that moment shots were fired from outside the house at law enforcement. They traced the last number called in Gatling's phone to Jerry Davis, leader of BMF's supposed sister organization, Sin City Mafia. Police alleged that Gatling called Davis to report the officers at his house, and Davis ordered the shots to be fired.
- May 23, 2005: Shane and Kelsey Brown, nephews of R&B singer Bobby Brown, were stabbed in the neck with an ice pick at a birthday party at Justin's, P. Diddy's Atlanta restaurant. Witnesses claim that Marques "Baby Bleu" Dixson ( no relation to BMF Entertainment artist Bleu DaVinci), got into an altercation with the Brown's alongside bodyguards of rapper Fabolous, who was there with Dixson. During the altercation, Dixson is alleged to have stabbed both in the neck, causing permanent disfigurement.
Other articles related to "allegations of violence, of violence, violence":
... Deputy Information Minister Matonga dismissed the allegations of violence against the opposition as "lies that are being peddled by the MDC" ... he also said that Mugabe and ZANU-PF had "unleashed a campaign of violence" against opposition supporters ... The statement alleged that "organised violence" was being employed against those suspected of supporting the MDC and that MDC supporters were being forced to repeat ZANU-PF slogans it appealed for an end to voter ...
Famous quotes containing the word violence:
“He thought of certain human hearts, their climb
Through violence into exquisite disciplines
Of which, as it now appeared, they all expired.”
—James Merrill (b. 1926)