Selected Old StopfordiansSee also: Category:People educated at Bishop Stopford's School at Enfield
- Shy FX is among the pioneers of jungle drum'n'bass, with earliest record "Jungle Love" released in 1992.
- Ruth Symes became a children's author, writing books such as Carnegie Medal nominated The Master Of Secrets, Smelly Sock Soup, Little Tail, and Floppy Ears, and for the television programme The Hoobs.
- Winston Marche became a professional musician, playing drums for among others, Bob Dylan
- Dr Andrew Wright became a senior lecturer in religious and theological education at King's College, London and is the co-ordinator of the Centre For Theology, Religion And Culture (CFTRAC)at that college.
- Anton Blackwood, St Albans City footballer & Antigua and Barbuda national team player.
- Jonathan Obika, Tottenham Hotspur footballer.
- Jason Banton, Crystal Palace U21 footballer.
- James Fountain (Year 12 2011), Grimethorpe Colliery Band Principal cornet player.
- Paul Barber (soccer administrator) - Former Communications Director of The Football Association, Executive Director of Tottenham Hotspur FC, Chief Executive of Vancouver Whitecaps FC in Major League Soccer in North America, and currently Chief Executive of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
Read more about this topic: Bishop Stopford's School At Enfield
Other articles related to "selected":
... He was selected for the squad for the international friendly against New Zealand in May 2007 and the crucial Euro 2008 qualifier against Czech Republic in June, however an existing back ... He was selected for the squad to play Bulgaria and went on to score his debut international goal in the first half of their 1–0 victory on August 22, 2007 ... being out of favour at Wolves during the 2007–08 season, Eastwood continued to be selected for the Welsh national team and scored both goals in a 2 ...
... The 8th-century writer Bede says that Wighard was selected to be Archbishop of Canterbury, and that he was sent to Rome to visit Pope Vitalian for confirmation and to receive his pallium ... How exactly he was selected, and when that occurred, is open to debate, as Bede himself had two different stories ... Historia Abbatum, stated that Wighard was selected by King Ecgberht of Kent ...
... He was selected to play for England as Graham Gooch's opening partner on tours of Australia and the West Indies ... usually ignored when he should have been selected and selected when he should have been ignored in a career of unfulfilled potential ...
... (1945) translated by Belloc and Paul Rosenfeld Selected Essays (1948) edited by J ... Morton An Anthology of his Prose and Verse (1951) selected by W ... Roughead World Conflict (1951) booklet Songs of the South Country (1951) selected poems ...
... As the name implies, r-selected species are those that place an emphasis on a high growth rate, and typically exploit less-crowded ecological niches and produce many offspring ... By contrast, K-selected species display traits associated with living at densities close to carrying capacity, and typically are strong competitors in such crowded niches that invest more heavily in fewer offspring ... In the scientific literature, r-selected species are occasionally referred to as "opportunistic", while K-selected species are described as "equilibrium" ...
Famous quotes containing the word selected:
“The best history is but like the art of Rembrandt; it casts a vivid light on certain selected causes, on those which were best and greatest; it leaves all the rest in shadow and unseen.”
—Walter Bagehot (18261877)